What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't open videos/links on Facebook

mbpslp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi! About half the time, I can't open videos or links on Facebook on my iPad 2, and too often, I can't even connect to my wifi at home. The little wheel just keeps spinning and never opens things. Then, the next time, it works fine. I've tried soft resets, but that doesn't always work. Clearly, I'm not super computer-literate, so a simple answer with specific instructions is appreciated! Thanks!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It sounds like intermittent or slow connection to the internet.

Try this:

• Turn off your router.
  • While the router is off, got to Settings > General > Reset, and Reset Network Settings.
  • Turn the router back on.
  • When the router is up, select and sign back onto your network under the Wi-Fi settings.

This tends to clear up a lot of iPad network issues, though not always.

If you have other networks you often visit will need to sign back in them as well.

Good luck.

golddust34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi! About half the time, I can't open videos or links on Facebook on my iPad 2, and too often, I can't even connect to my wifi at home. The little wheel just keeps spinning and never opens things. Then, the next time, it works fine. I've tried soft resets, but that doesn't always work. Clearly, I'm not super computer-literate, so a simple answer with specific instructions is appreciated! Thanks!

The signal problem could be location in the house as well. Do you connect just fine in some parts of the house and others are just 'dead'? It's just like a cell phone. Not much you can do about that. My daughter has the same problem, and we've never been able to remedy it.

Most reactions