What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chinese Goods

lesataylor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't beleive I have to compromise my Pro America beleifs for my IPad. It makes me sick to my stomach. BUY AMERICAN IT KEEPS US STRONG.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok, name the American made alternative? Both Google (android) and Apple are US companies.

This forum is international, and your comments probably won't be well-received.

SheerLuckHolmes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
While everyone, US or other, should support their own country and its economy first, we are all in this together. I see it like a sporting event.... Super Bowl, World Series, etc. We all want the home team to win, but if our home team isn't in the event we want a great game where all play really well.

OP
L

lesataylor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I respect your opinions. This rant is not against the people. The next time you go shopping look at the labels or maker. To find a manufacturer in/of America will add time to your search. And even if it says made in the USA. doesn't mean that what makes it up wasn't purchased from elsewhere. Buying produce and canned goods are as hard. But we do what we must to strengthen our economy and to keep jobs here.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I respect your opinions. This rant is not against the people. The next time you go shopping look at the labels or maker. To find a manufacturer in/of America will add time to your search. And even if it says made in the USA. doesn't mean that what makes it up wasn't purchased from elsewhere. Buying produce and canned goods are as hard. But we do what we must to strengthen our economy and to keep jobs here.

I do not live in USA now however I did live in Monterey Cal for 12 years until 1988 Apple as a company provides jobs for Americans along with companies like HP , Acer and Google and many many more so I do not understand your problem. It would be impossible to manufacture products like the ipad and iphone in USA that would hit a price point that one pays for the product not only in US but Australia and other countries. All mainstream electrical goods are manufactured overseas Produce is a different matter I only buy Australian produce and local where possible

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lesataylor said:
I can't beleive I have to compromise my Pro America beleifs for my IPad. It makes me sick to my stomach. BUY AMERICAN IT KEEPS US STRONG.

Lol, what a rant :lol:

Regarding the ipad, apple is an american company, the ipad is assembled in china, and many high tech components in ipad are ONLY made in Japan. Same goes with boeing airplanes, plenty of components is produced outside america. My point is engaging in protectinism hurts in the long run. May i ask whay you are so grumpy, and what your profession is?

Sent from my iPad using iPF, using iOS 4.3.1

fuzzyfelts

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can hardly buy anything isn't made in the far East nowadays - we used to have a good manufacturing base in the UK but now?........It's a sign of the times that we just have to get used to I suppose, other countries are happy to make things cheaper to build up their empires, they will eventually implode, like the rest of the 'affluent' countries are now doing!

Most reactions

Latest posts