What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Powering my iPad in Israel

Frosty Weasel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I suppose a hefty shalom and salaam is in order. :p

So hi, I'm living in Jerusalem for a couple of months with my grandparents and we've all brought along our iPads. We assumed before coming here that an American style adapter wouldn't be that hard to find but upon arriving found it next to impossible. We ventured to a mall in Tel Aviv but they acted like they've never seen an American device before.

So aside from slowly charging our iPads on a computer in our apartment, we are at the moment, screwed.

We figured out that Apple sells a worldwide converter. Great, no problem at all. We can just order it from Amazon and it'll be here in a few days.

Ah, but then my good Palestinian friend Amir tells me that Israel operates on a current different current than the United States and that I should watch to make sure that if I do buy a converter that it doesn't fry my iPad.

So good people of iPadForums, help a guy out? Will I run into any current problems by using an American adapter?

From Jerusalem,
Frosty Weasel

Elcom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Frosty Weasel said:

So hi, I'm living in Jerusalem for a couple of months with my grandparents and we've all brought along our iPads. We assumed before coming here that an American style adapter wouldn't be that hard to find but upon arriving found it next to impossible. We ventured to a mall in Tel Aviv but they acted like they've never seen an American device before.

So aside from slowly charging our iPads on a computer in our apartment, we are at the moment, screwed.

We figured out that Apple sells a worldwide converter. Great, no problem at all. We can just order it from Amazon and it'll be here in a few days.

Ah, but then my good Palestinian friend Amir tells me that Israel operates on a current different current than the United States and that I should watch to make sure that if I do buy a converter that it doesn't fry my iPad.

So good people of iPadForums, help a guy out? Will I run into any current problems by using an American adapter?

From Jerusalem,
Frosty Weasel

Hey frosty,
First, its very simple to find a US to Israeli plug adapter in Israel. Dont look in the mall, they are sold at local electronic shops in town.
Second, there is no problem whatsoever to use an adapter. The ipad charger works on bolth 110v and 220v its even written on the charger.
I bought an ipad in the states and have been using it here for a few months now with the american charger and an adapter.
Good luck!

OP
F

Frosty Weasel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Frosty Weasel said:

From Jerusalem,
Frosty Weasel

Hey frosty,
First, its very simple to find a US to Israeli plug adapter in Israel. Dont look in the mall, they are sold at local electronic shops in town.
Second, there is no problem whatsoever to use an adapter. The ipad charger works on bolth 110v and 220v its even written on the charger.
I bought an ipad in the states and have been using it here for a few months now with the american charger and an adapter.
Good luck!
Hey thanks mate. I saw a shop about two blocks away from the Old City that may be able to answer my problems.

Most reactions