What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

China unveils bootleg version of iPad and calls it the iPed

Fotonutz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Chinese iPed released in Shenzhen for only US$105 and it runs on Google Android!

China Rips Off The iPad With The iPed

Geez, wonder if Apple will still let them produce the next gen of iPad or iPhone there.

But, this iPed has a smaller 7" screen and runs on Android. At these prices, I might be tempted to order one and see how it works!

Anyone bought and iPed already?

OP
Fotonutz

Fotonutz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
http://bajirunnrunn.blog.so-net.ne.jp/2010-05-27-2

Not too sure if this is the same device, but I like the idea of having a micro USB port built into the device.

Wish the iPad had implemented it!

There are several videos embedded in the above link. Check it out in YouTube.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YgVFWNh078&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited:

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The wePad looks less like an Apple copy and more like a Windows/Linux Tablet PC with an iPad-like launcher.

EDIT: Actually it doesnt look much at all like the iPad.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpqNXXG00S8&feature=related[/ame]

OP
Fotonutz

Fotonutz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the question that is on everyone's mind : Will it run Flash?

I mean, at $100 bucks, I don't mind buying one for X'mas for my nephew or nieces so that they won't hoard the iPad when they come over to my place!:)

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I shudder to think just how crappy a piece of hardware that will be.

OP
Fotonutz

Fotonutz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I'm from Singapore and we do have a number of these crappy stuff being sold here. I bought one of the China made MP4 players and after using it for 8 months, the damn thing got so hot and crumbled into pieces. That's why their warranty is only good for 3-6 months.

But, I'm not too sure how long the Apad will last. Was watching it on Youtube.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I shudder to think just how crappy a piece of hardware that will be.
I could probably make something better with a soldering iron and some junk lying around my house.

Teacher's Pet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not impressed at all, not even a little bit. Might give hp's tablet a try, but it sure won't replace this iPad. This magical lil device has changed me lol.

Linkreincarnate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.linkreincarnate.com
Why all the hate on knock offs? To me they provide a valuable service, to whit they reduce the idiot population on the iPad. Either you bought the knockoff fully knowing it was a knockoff and just wanted something for cheap (in which case we're cool... No really, you're not the idiot I'm talking about) or you were tricked into buying something you though was an iPad. If you actually bought a iPed thinking it was an iPad you are a god damned idiot and don't deserve an iPad or even oxygen. Just die and clean up the gene pool a little.

Btw doesn't iPed sound like an app for finding pedophiles...

Last edited:

FirstApple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Just for fun to play, I just bought this iPad knockoff Irobot 7" android powered for usd80 with 1gb onboard, 4gb sd card, wifi, webcam USB, Ethernet port here in china (zhuhai) It's 1.6 android and v1.7.3.
I have downloaded 30 apps in the market and it's working flawlessly. The 2 USB port is good which I can attached my wireless mouse, and read my 4gb thumb drive. Response is quite fast but the resistive touch screen is not good as iPad. Weight is I think 1/4 of iPad and batt life is about 3.5hrs with continuos use. Good for kids and for those who want to try android. Camera is not that clear but haven't tried yet for video calls using fring.

OP
Fotonutz

Fotonutz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow!
US$80 only?

Is it widely available in china?

As I'm not an Android user, are the bundled software adequate for surfing the net?

alanok

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i remember hearing about a cell fone that lit itself on fire.. burning a hole through this chicks backpocket.. in america.. just sayin!

OP
Fotonutz

Fotonutz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know......I recall reading that a cellphone exploded in China and the guy was sent to the hospital by his colleagues.

He placed the cellphone on his left shirt pocket and when the battery exploded, it sent the phone shrapnels into his heart.

Miraculously, the guy survived the ordeal.

So, let's hope the chinese copycats bothered to make these things safer......

Most reactions

Latest posts