What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Check out this case

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just ordered the CIMO Blue Soft Gel - very interesting - my order number was #30 -- action must still be slow prior to delivery

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My only concern is that other than apple no one has an actual ipad so I'm waiting till these people actually have an ipad before I plop down these big dollars for a folio case.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad case

My only concern is that other than apple no one has an actual ipad so I'm waiting till these people actually have an ipad before I plop down these big dollars for a folio case.

Eldex in some point you are right but not in all, let me explain:

Every serious manufacturer, know how the calculate the size based on quality picture (like the one for the press release), so for bag, pouch, cover and all accessories like this it's not a problem at all,

but when you are talking about accessories need a tooling and injection (like ABS, SILICONE, RUBBER) this is different and risky

For the electronic part it's more easy as Apple use the same connector as the 3Gs and the pin management software is the same as the iPhone so no worries, but of course we should test all before release a products ...

yet we have 60 products under the hood but only the one we are 200% to give the best products to our customer will come out ... the other we will test improve if it need ... and them release

made fast buck by release products not accurate, it's not our style

cimousa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.cimousa.com
Most of our orders are through the Google Checkout system (even iPad) which are not input into our store database so that should explain the low order count. Let us all know what you think about our cases when you receive it!

Just ordered the CIMO Blue Soft Gel - very interesting - my order number was #30 -- action must still be slow prior to delivery

brandonhd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Most of our orders are through the Google Checkout system (even iPad) which are not input into our store database so that should explain the low order count. Let us all know what you think about our cases when you receive it!

My black soft gel case came in yesterday. Its looks great, as long as it fits right, it's just what i was looking for.

brandonhd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It fits like a glove, perfect case for me. I got the apple foldable case also, don't really see using it a lot. Probably will mainly be using the cimo case.

OP
L

living2345

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased the silicon and gel case to see which one is better. So far I like the silicon better because I can access all the buttons very easily. So far with the gel case I am having problems accessing the screen lock switch on the right side of the iPad.

FL Wine Girl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It fits like a glove, perfect case for me. I got the apple foldable case also, don't really see using it a lot. Probably will mainly be using the cimo case.

Brandon, have you tried to synch with the iPad still in the case? I agree with you. The fit is perfect. Took a bit of work to get it on the pad, but once on, it looks good. I also added the screen protector to our pads. Even got most of the bubbles out! Flicking action is smooth and fingerprints clean up well with the supplied cleaning cloth. I have the softgel TPU cases in clear and smoke (we have 2 pads). Shipping was incredibly fast.

The only issue we have is trying to connect the synch cord while in the case. Pins do not connect completely as the white casing does not allow it to go in far enough. This is true for both cases.

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've only ever had problems with silicon cases. And I can't stand screen protectors....glad apple is going to stop selling them.

What are the issues with screen protectors? I have used them on my iPhone/iPods and never had problems

Last edited:

brandonhd

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Brandon, have you tried to synch with the iPad still in the case? I agree with you. The fit is perfect. Took a bit of work to get it on the pad, but once on, it looks good. I also added the screen protector to our pads. Even got most of the bubbles out! Flicking action is smooth and fingerprints clean up well with the supplied cleaning cloth. I have the softgel TPU cases in clear and smoke (we have 2 pads). Shipping was incredibly fast.

The only issue we have is trying to connect the synch cord while in the case. Pins do not connect completely as the white casing does not allow it to go in far enough. This is true for both cases.

Yea the sync cable doesn't go right in, I stretch the case alittle bit then it stays in. That and accessing the lock button is really my only complaints about it. The small issues I have with it aren't bad enough to stop using it or to try to find another case. Still works great for me.

FL Wine Girl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. I'll play around with it for a bit. We really like the cases and bought them to use until our Apple cases arrive. The Cimo cases make holding the iPads much easier. I'll also check out the Griffin cases when they become available.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi all, i will not criticize CIMO, but as i say is not so good to sell products when you didn't have yet in hand a sample for adapt you're developed products..

we often discover small mistake like this when we try on that way (made mould in advance)

that is why we prefer to wait to promote products we develop based on pictures and size

that is my 2 cents of worth after 23 years development and export

Most reactions

Latest posts