What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charger cord

Tgmcdowell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an Apple iphone 4 and also have an Apple iPad 2 model a1395 and neither of my iPhone charger cords will fit into the iPad charger outlet. Do I need a special cord for charging the iPad cuz I've tried all but forcing the cord to go in the charger slot. In my opinion it looks like the charger cord is longer than the iPads charger slot and I don't want to damage either item. Let me know if anyone else has come across this issue. Thanks in advance.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The iPhone & iPad 2 both use the 30-pin adapter (as shown in the pic below) and so should be interchangeable; how are you charging your iPad at the moment? The main difference is that the phone would have come w/ a 5 W USB-AC charger while the iPad 2 uses a 10 W charger - also, are these iPhone chargers Apple ones or 3rd party products? Of course, the iPad charger port may be damaged and is not accepting the 30 pin adapter?
31gZ30wiyAL._SY300_.jpg

OP
Tgmcdowell

Tgmcdowell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got the iPad from a friend and the charger cord I had tried was a 3rd party one and it looks to be longer than the iPad port. I'll look and see where I have my original iPhone cord. I haven't been able to charge the iPad being I had just gotten it. Upon looking at the port though it doesn't appear to be damaged any but I cant be positive just by looking at it with the naked eye. I will go buy the proper cord if I cant locate my original one though..
Thanks

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've deleted the other post you made on this same topic as posting more than once on the same topic can fragment any resulting conversation. It's also against our rules.

OP
Tgmcdowell

Tgmcdowell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh sorry about that I thought I had only posted the question 1 time . I didn't realize it had posted more than once I apologize for that. I know I did ask a question about it under some one else's thread though. Is that a no no as well? I just joined on here this morning about 2am and honestly didn't read the rules or anything. Sorry again

Most reactions

Latest posts