What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wireless Charger

OP
P

Pinkipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I find it difficult to imagine a scenario where the above solution is more convinient than plugging the iPad into a charging cable. There probably are use cases for the product, but there are serious tradeoffs involved.

You either have to keep track of a third component, and plug it in/out as needed; or permanently mount it to the device for what has got to be an ugly/awkard lump on the iPad.

The only way I can see this working well is if the iPad/iPhone side is incorperated into a case. Which means there is probably a product out there that does this, at least for th iPhone. Less likely for the iPad. As long as you are doing a case, you might as well incorperate a battery in the case, and a passthrough lightning port. It would be a seriouls increase in the iPad/iPhone’s bulk, but the features and convinience might be worth it.

Now, does this product exist?

I don’t want to get into why the cable isn’t working out other than it isn’t. A flat surface charging station would be better for me.

Privately I can share but not publicly.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don’t want to get into why the cable isn’t working out other than it isn’t. A flat surface charging station would be better for me.

Privately I can share but not publicly.

A lack of imagination on my part does not create an obligation to explain on your part.

I hope you find what you need.

Last edited:
OP
P

Pinkipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got an email about wireless charging for old iPhones. They listed all QI enabled phones on each wireless pad. Either you can charge non QI on those or the author did bad research.

OP
P

Pinkipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I’ve been searching for a wireless charger for iPad 2 5th gen. All I find are QI-enabled chargers. To add QI to my iPad requires I buy a device on top of the pad. That doubles the price and I can’t do it.

Any suggestions for a wireless charger for an iPad 2 without QI or an adapter with pad for a reasonable price?

I’m looking for the same thing for iPhone 7 that I got last week. Most are for 8 and above.

Thanks

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello yet again Pinkipad - you've already started a thread HERE on the exact same question - many of us have already replied, posted pics, and given you links - there are NO solutions to charging your iDevices wirelessly, i.e. iPad 2 & iPhone 7 - plus, you've never explained why your iPad cannot be charged w/ a cable - one of the mods will likely combine this thread w/ your other one - there is no need for us to repeat our same responses here - Dave :)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I’ve been searching for a wireless charger for iPad 2 5th gen. All I find are QI-enabled chargers. To add QI to my iPad requires I buy a device on top of the pad. That doubles the price and I can’t do it.

Any suggestions for a wireless charger for an iPad 2 without QI or an adapter with pad for a reasonable price?

I’m looking for the same thing for iPhone 7 that I got last week. Most are for 8 and above.

Thanks
This post has been moved to your thread, which discusses the same topic, and has been answered. You won’t get better replies by starting a new thread, on the contrary - since other members won’t know what has been posted before, it will be more likely you’ll get the same suggestions as before, or even less. Please keep the discussion of this topic to this thread only!

Most reactions

Latest posts