What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changing the apple id on the store part of ipad

clermont

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hen I first got my iPad hubby started to set it up and put his email address in the apple ID of the store, I tried o edit it and put my e-mail address, but it tells me that my email is already registered, which I know but how do I change hubby's to mine so when I buy something it goes to my email not his....

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To Edit your Apple ID.
You can make changes to your Apple ID at any time. Change your Apple ID and password, change your name and email address, or update your contact information.
Go here
appleid.apple.com

Last edited:
OP
clermont

clermont

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When I try to change the email address it won't let me..
I go into settings > store> a screen comes up and there is the box with apple ID in the box it has hubby's email address, when I try to change it to my email address an password it won't allow me, it keeps coming up this I'd is already registered.....

What happens when I buy something in the store, it sends an email to hubby's email address that is showing in the apple I'd in the store but I need it to come to my email address how do I get my email address into that box....all other emails come to my email address, except when I purchase something in my store, the notification goes to hubby's email address...

mngal1324

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go to AppleId.com I just did this today. Works...best of luck to you!

OP
clermont

clermont

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I tried that and it sent me an email to reset the password not the email ID thing.

OP
clermont

clermont

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have verified my email address, I changed the C Card details with no problems...but it just will not let me change his email ID to my email address....

OP
clermont

clermont

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Finally got it to work, have changed it ,......a seniors moment was the problem lol

mngal1324

iPF Noob
Reaction score
clermont said:
Finally got it to work, have changed it ,......a seniors moment was the problem lol

Glad to hear u got it fixed.I had same problem ..had to get free tech help from Apple!

Most reactions

Latest posts