What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 apple ID's on the same iPad

clermont

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When hubby 1st set up my iPad for me he set it up using his email address and created an Apple ID under his name, this was frustrating because when I went to purchase a book or tune he couldn't remember his ID..... Eventually I created my own I D and using my email address, which is not a big concern but at 1st I was downloading books and apps under his ID, then when I created my own I now use it, BUT what I would like to know if I remove his ID off my iPad altogether what happens to the books apps and tunes I downloaded with his ID will they be removed as well.....

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
. . .what I would like to know if I remove his ID off my iPad altogether what happens to the books apps and tunes I downloaded with his ID will they be removed as well.....

You will continue being able to use any apps, music, and books you have already downloaded onto the iPad.

You will not be able to update them or re-download them if you delete them. You won't see them in your Purchased tab in the store, or as downloadable (cloud icon) content in the Music app.

However, it's fairly easy to fix. To update or download the old apps, you just have to sign out of the iTunes Store, then sign back in with your husband's Apple ID. Do what you need to do, then sign out and back in with your own ID.

You can do this in either Settings > iTunes & App Store, or you can tap on your Apple ID at the bottom of the first tab in the store that you want to use: iTunes, App, or iBooks.

Most reactions