What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Change default browser?

ahoward1126

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way to change safari from being your default browser?

I'd like to make Atomic my default

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Only if you jail break your iPad. On a standard iPad there's no way to change the default browser.

Tim

OP
ahoward1126

ahoward1126

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Only if you jail break your iPad. On a standard iPad there's no way to change the default browser.

Tim

I hear the term jailbreak often....how do you do that? And what are the cons of jailbreaking?

Wreybies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:

Tim

I hear the term jailbreak often....how do you do that? And what are the cons of jailbreaking?

Jailbreaking is replacing your devices firmware with an altered, modified, or replacement firmware. The cons are that you cannot update your device with the official updates and that currently (I may be wrong, but last time checked) the only jailbreak for the present and most up-to-date firmware on the iPad is a tethered jailbreak which means you have to have your device connected via sync cable to your computer any time you turn the device completely off and on again. Not convenient. Look on the main page of the forum here, there is a whole section just on jailbreaking.

Last edited:

fwdcode

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.feedrunnerapp.com
Voids Warranty?

Jailbreaking the device and voiding the warranty from Apple is a bit of a discussion. I have heard that it does void the warranty and I have heard that because it is only a software thing that it does not void the hardware warranty. They will not help you on the software side if you bring in a jailbroken item. GL

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
fwdcode said:
Jailbreaking the device and voiding the warranty from Apple is a bit of a discussion. I have heard that it does void the warranty and I have heard that because it is only a software thing that it does not void the hardware warranty. They will not help you on the software side if you bring in a jailbroken item. GL

I've never jail broken any device however, surely you would just restore the device if you needed to take it back for warranty work?

The Archangel

Most reactions