What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Web Browser Font Changes

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am looking for a way to increase the font size in Safari without increasing the font size in all or most of my other apps such as mail. I noticed that changing the font size in settings doesn't seem to have an effect on our forum when using Safari. I did find Dolphin Browser has font control, default, medium, and large and it is ok but whenever refreshing the page or going to a new thread it reverts back to the default until the page fully loads and then it readjusts to the large size I set it too. (Kind of annoying)

Is there something I'm missing with Safari? Are there other browsers that may do a better job of increasing the font size?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There is no way to change web font sizes in just Safari. The general and accesibilty features will have some impact, but web pages often set their own font sizes and Safari has no feature to override this.

If you need to force larger fonts in your web browser, you'll have to use a thrid party web browser; as you've already discovered.

OP
Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There is no way to change web font sizes in just Safari. The general and accesibilty features will have some impact, but web pages often set their own font sizes and Safari has no feature to override this.

If you need to force larger fonts in your web browser, you'll have to use a thrid party web browser; as you've already discovered.
I was afraid of that.

Most reactions

Latest posts