What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Case or keyboard case for your ipad air 2

bill151

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will you get for your ipad air 2, just case or keyboard case?

dasipad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just a case here......but I've been waiting nearly a MONTH for one!
Ordered a Snugg from Amazon.....then got a letter from Snugg saying their original design wouldn't work with the iPad Air 2's "sleep/wake" function --- they'd send a "back-up' to hold me until the new model comes in.....So far, I've not received ANYTHING from Snugg OR Amazon!!!
Time to get on the blower, I guess.....!!:(

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I bought my iPad air 2 October 30 and ordered my finite case from Amazpm that weekend. So far I am still waiting. Delivery is scheduled this Thursday or following Monday! I am currently using an old Timbuktu case that I had for my iPad 2. Works well for the meantime!

dasipad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Right now I'm using my old Phillips zipper case for my Air 2....it even has storage space for my charger and cord!!!:D To "bulk it up" (ie., make the thinner Air 2 fit where the original 2 sat, without slipping) I used the foam pad that came in the original 2 box....SUCCESS!!
Gotta contact Amazon and see what's going on with my Snugg case.....

OP
B

bill151

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just a case here......but I've been waiting nearly a MONTH for one!
Ordered a Snugg from Amazon.....then got a letter from Snugg saying their original design wouldn't work with the iPad Air 2's "sleep/wake" function --- they'd send a "back-up' to hold me until the new model comes in.....So far, I've not received ANYTHING from Snugg OR Amazon!!!
Time to get on the blower, I guess.....!!:(

Have you had contacted the seller to refund or any other resolution? and i order this one for my ipad air, you can take a look.

http://www.amazon.com/iPad-Air-Case...=merchant-items&ie=UTF8&qid=1415957685&sr=1-2

Jerry Osser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the deviceware Ridge and like it Ordered a Kovaj Hamburg Leather in the cognac brown too.
RDG_IPA_BLK_001__08325.1405461343.1280.1280.jpg

ipad_air_2_hamburg_cognac_01.jpg
kavaj-ipad-air-case-hamburg_cognac_12.jpg

Spencerdl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just went with a simple Crystal Clear TPU case made by Luvvitt for now.

Jerry Osser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just picked up the Logitech Keys-To-Go for 59.95 at Best Buy. Work Great!
03-logitech-keys-to-go-closeup.jpg

kk4df

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im seriously considering this case
Anker[emoji768] Bluetooth Ultra-Slim Keyboard Cover for iPad Air 2 / Air with 6-Month Battery Life Between Charges and Comfortable Low-Profile Keys TC930

I just got one of these. Very nice. Just be aware the auto power on/off magnets are placed to work for the Air, not the Air 2. Not a problem for me, but they will probably come out with a revised version at some point.

Very nice keyboard, magnets are pretty strong. Only one angle available when iPad is inserted. But excellent for the price, and I'd buy again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was looking for a keyboard case that can work with portrait mode. Can't find any in my country.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I went with the simple Smartcase for my Air 2.
Had a ZAGG keyboard/case for my iPad 4 but it made the whole package so bulky.

The Air 2 is so thin and sleek that I wanted to preserve that.

The Smartcase for the Air 2 is much nicer than what they had for the iPad 4...........higher end looking and nice feel.
I'm liking it a lot.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree that the current smart cases for the iPad Air 2 are better looking than the ones offered for the iPad 4 and earlier. There was never a leather option for those smart cases. I was looking for iPad Air smart cases a short while ago but the stores I checked were all out of stock.:(

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I went with the simple Smartcase for my Air 2.
Had a ZAGG keyboard/case for my iPad 4 but it made the whole package so bulky.

The Air 2 is so thin and sleek that I wanted to preserve that.

The Smartcase for the Air 2 is much nicer than what they had for the iPad 4...........higher end looking and nice feel.
I'm liking it a lot.
Totally agree. It preserves that slim look and lightness of the Air2 and I love the feel of that thin leather covering when in use. There are many great cases out there, no doubt and it's not cheap but I just felt that, given the amount of research devoted to producing the very latest iPad, Apple's own design Smart Case would have been given similar attention. Probably not tough enough if you want to use it as a frisbee :) but I think good enough for everyday use.
Andrew

Sent from my iPad Air2 using Tapatalk

Most reactions