What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F1-f12 keys that work on physical keyboard?

derekeh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
im looking to buy a keyboard or keyboard case for my iPad air 2. I'd like to use it to put payroll in at work but I really need the f keys for the payrol program at work. Is it even possible to use these on an iPad?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
As far as I know it's not possible to map the F keys on a bluetooth keyboard to an app in iOS. Some keyboards do use the F keys for special functions on the iPad, but these are usually mapped at the OS/hardware level, and not available for use within apps.

For instance, on the Logitech keyboard I bought today the F1 key works as the Home button, and the F12 key switches between keyboards mapping (English and Español with my setup).

How are you accessing the payroll app/program? Through a web browser or using a remote desktop app. There are apps that have virtual keyboards for both categories, and those 'might' support F keys.

Most reactions