What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cant't get AirPrint to work!! :(((

Eraysonat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the latest hp photosmart b110 series printer. Got it all hooked up to my Mac. Got it on the network, wireless features on, on the web, all settings go but the iPad wouldn't find the printer. Printer is connected to the Mac by usb as a shared printer on the network and the rest of the PCs at home are able to wirelessly print from it. Downloaded the iprint for HP from the app store, this one finds the printer but when i say print it says "connection error" to the printer.

Was anyone able to work out Airprint or the iprint from HP ???

Very frustrated here as I bought this eprinter that came out with the list that was given by Apple.

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Bluesjam

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I spent all day yesterday reading about printers so today my plan is to buy the B210. I'm going to watch your thread because I'll be hooking mine up tonight.

iPadster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using print central because I recently bought an Epson workforce 610 and it's not on the list. Great move Stevo.

drpep

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a new Hp 6500 wireless printer and air print would not find it. If you do a google search for AirPrint on Mac or windows depending on your pc there is a work around and so far it works great on mine. I have windows os.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
I have the HP D110, and it works fine. It also has the web print feature, and I have been printing that way for about 3 months from my iPad.... the new way is much easier, but waiting until apps update to be able to use this new feature. The Apple apps are already working (mail, safari...etc) but Docs2go, etc are not updated yet....

I use a PC, and do not have any cable running from the printer to the PC. All wireless.... Air Print works fine.... Do you really have a "b110" or did you mean the d110?

OP
E

Eraysonat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is B110a. I updated everything including printer software. Airprint doesn't even recognize the printer..HP iPrint does but says printing failed check printer settings..Everey other mac and pc is able wirelessly print except for the iPad and iPhone :(((

Flycaster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Printopia For Mac Owners

Look into the download Printopia.
I downloaded it to my iMac and now the AirPrint works on my iPad.
My HP printer is two years old and now works great with Printopia installed.
Printopia has a 7 day free trial, if it works for you it will cost you $10.00.
Hope it works for you.

jmschwartz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Printopia Worked Perfectly 1st Install

A +1 for Printopia. Try the 7-day demo . . . when it works, spend under $10 ($9.95) USD and enjoy your iPad even more.

Rgds,
Jim

Macgirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bought a HP envy set up took 5 minutesand it prints and works flawless with the iPad, no errors or problems.

OP
E

Eraysonat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for all the advice. But why should I pay for another app when Apple said AirPrint will be free and work with the printer I bought?? I feel deceived. The settings are all correct. Printer shared on network. Every other mac and pc wirelessly prints from it but not the ipad not the iphone..Apple is supposed to do user friendly plug and play stuff..This time they failed big time..there are hundreds of complaints about this issue already. May be it is because of HP, then it still doesn't matter because it was Apple who launched the idea..

Bluesjam

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The b110a is not on the list of printers that will work without a workaround. I bought the b210a and it works great.

Fyzzicks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After spending two weeks and getting nowhere with HP (I don't speak good Indienglish) I finally found at least half the answer. My system would not work using a D-Link 665 router and the b210a with the iPad or iPhone. I sniffed around and found out the router was default setting the printer up in 802.11N. The 'N' is a bad thing and you must tell the router to set the printer up as 802.11G. You can do this by limiting the bandwidth to 20 MHz or force a particular client to 'g' only. Instantly all Apple products saw the B210a and I thought I was ready to print. Not so lucky. Sometimes I get a print and sometimes I get a time out with 'printer off line'. I know its not offline because all the Windows 7 machines see it and still print. At least I slayed the 'can't find printer' dragon. Stay tuned.

Most reactions