What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cant log into some account pages!

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wifes been trying to log into her bank website and a few other sites that require log in and password and they wont let her after numerous trys. anyone had this happen, and does cookies have anything to do with it? i went to settings, then cookies earlier in the day messing around and switched a setting in cookies, not sure if that has anything to do with it but it was working for her the night before now she cant log in!!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wifes been trying to log into her bank website and a few other sites that require log in and password and they wont let her after numerous trys. anyone had this happen, and does cookies have anything to do with it? i went to settings, then cookies earlier in the day messing around and switched a setting in cookies, not sure if that has anything to do with it but it was working for her the night before now she cant log in!!

My bank website requires cookies. How have you got cookies set? I have mine set 'To Visited'. However, one suggestion that might work, is to 'Clear Cookies' and then try again. If you're running iOS 4.2 you might want to close the app. Press the 'Home' button twice and it opens the Multi-task bar. Press *and hold* any icon under they start to 'jiggle'. You'll notice the jiggling icons (of all the apps that are currently running) have a cross in the upper left hand side. Press the cross on the Safari icon and this will close Safari (note it only closes the app, it doesn't delete it). Now either press the 'Home' button again or touch the Home Screen to exit the Multi-task bar and start up Safari again. I've found this sometimes fixes 'problems'

Good luck

Tim
Scotland

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On my bank (BOFA) I had to download the portable app instead of using the website. I couldn't get past the security screen any other way.. even using atomic set to ie7

OP
accordlayingkit

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea that worked, I knew about closing the task with the long hold and restarting....I had changed the cookies to always I believe when I tried something yesterday so I put it back to "alwayed ", cleared cache, and history and everything working and all good now. Thanks alot! Not sure what the whole thing means about the cookies from visited to always?

Most reactions

Latest posts