What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't log into my account with ipad air

Stemo99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried logging into my account at a dealer site on my ipad air. It will not allow me to enter. However, when I try it on my imac and my wifes ipad, I get right in using the exact same user name and password. I don!t have this dealer set up on password auto fill and I'm baffled. Please help.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Go to Settings - Safari - Privacy & Security - Block Cookies. What is enabled there? "Always Block" might be the reason for your experience. If it's checkmarked, change it to something different, and try logging in once more.

Hope that helps.

OP
S

Stemo99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had always allow cookies checked, changed it to allow only sites I visit, still can't log in. baffled.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I had always allow cookies checked, changed it to allow only sites I visit, still can't log in. baffled.

Not sure that I'll be of much help, but please tell us what iOS you have installed and also what you mean my a 'dealer site' - I'm assuming you mean a website? If not already done, have you 'Reset' your iPad (using both the HOME & ON-OFF buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears - release - let the device reboot) and also have you powered recycled (power off, wait a while, re-power) your modem and router?

If the above does not help (and also if not already done), have you gone into Wi-Fi settings to the network being used and tried 'Forget This Network' - if not, then give that a try and re-establish the connection; finally, have you tried your iPad on another Wi-Fi network? Dave :)

OP
S

Stemo99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First , I'm running ios 8.1.3 and I tried the reboot and that did't work. I powered the unit off, waited a bit and tried again, still no good. I am trying to log into my account on a website which I've been able to numerous times before. I don't think the router or wifi system is the problem as all other web sites work fine, and on this website where I'm having this problem, I can easily access my account using my imac or my wife's ipad. Still baffled. Thanks.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Did you try forgetting the network, as giradman suggested. If you can't see the network to select and forget you can try Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

You'll have to log back into all your networks after doing this.

OP
S

Stemo99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I try "forget this network" would I lose all the settings and have to manually enter them again? Don't think I want to try that.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Manual settings?

What are you doing other than entering your user name and password? For the vast majority of networks that is all you need; (though you may have to choose the security protocol, WAP2 in most cases)

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If I try "forget this network" would I lose all the settings and have to manually enter them again? Don't think I want to try that.

Well, you're not willing to try any of the recommendations offered, so ready to give up. Routers use DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) to assign various devices on your network (I have about 12) - sometimes these may not be properly recognized, so 'power recycling' your modem/router might resolved the situation - you've denied wanting to do this simple maneuver.

Second, you also do not want to 'Forget This Network' - easy to reset your network - what else can we recommend if you do not want to do what is suggested? Up to you to at least give these a try - Dave :)

Most reactions

Latest posts