What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cannot send from godaddy email accounts

ByHisStripes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been reading about this issue on the internet but can not find a solution:

I have 3 godaddy domains with email accounts. They work on my iPhone just fine. I set them up on my iPad 2 and can receive emails to them. However, I can NOT get them to SEND at all. I have them in correctly as POP accounts, have tried all the server ports (465, 587, 3535, and 80), have turned SSL on and off, deleted them and reentered, etc

I have read to put in the optional user name and password for the outgoing server. On the iphone they are not entered, but I tried it, and perhaps that is part of the problem, but I enter them exactly as in the incoming server and the user name and password are not found/accepted.

Has anyone else had this problem and solved it? I badly need to get the emails to send.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been reading about this issue on the internet but can not find a solution:

I have 3 godaddy domains with email accounts. They work on my iPhone just fine. I set them up on my iPad 2 and can receive emails to them. However, I can NOT get them to SEND at all. I have them in correctly as POP accounts, have tried all the server ports (465, 587, 3535, and 80), have turned SSL on and off, deleted them and reentered, etc

I have read to put in the optional user name and password for the outgoing server. On the iphone they are not entered, but I tried it, and perhaps that is part of the problem, but I enter them exactly as in the incoming server and the user name and password are not found/accepted.

Has anyone else had this problem and solved it? I badly need to get the emails to send.

OK - it's probably just a typo on your part, so please forgive me, but you say you have entered them in correctly as POP accounts - but, as you know, outgoing mail goes through an SMTP server. Anyway, assuming you meant to say SMTP, does your emails just not get sent - i.e. sit in the OutBox for ever and nothing happens, or does the iPad Mail program generate an error?

You mention that emails go OK from your iPhone - are both your iPhone and iPad on the same network - i.e. say your home WiFi? It's not the 'old Port 25 relay problem' is it? i.e. are you trying to send from a network that doesn't 'belong' to your email service provider?

OK - probably these suggestions (if you can call them that!) won't help, but let's get a discussion going in the Forum on this issue. With all those members out there, we must be able to fix this problem!!

Tim
Scotland

OP
B

ByHisStripes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - it's probably just a typo on your part, so please forgive me, but you say you have entered them in correctly as POP accounts - but, as you know, outgoing mail goes through an SMTP server. Anyway, assuming you meant to say SMTP, does your emails just not get sent - i.e. sit in the OutBox for ever and nothing happens, or does the iPad Mail program generate an error?

You mention that emails go OK from your iPhone - are both your iPhone and iPad on the same network - i.e. say your home WiFi? It's not the 'old Port 25 relay problem' is it? i.e. are you trying to send from a network that doesn't 'belong' to your email service provider?

OK - probably these suggestions (if you can call them that!) won't help, but let's get a discussion going in the Forum on this issue. With all those members out there, we must be able to fix this problem!!

Tim
Scotland

Thanks a bunch Tim!

Yes of course, the outgoing is SMTP, but the initial part of the set up is to choose IMAP vs POP -- the incoming is POP, so that's what I meant.

The iPhone is always with me, so I guess it is borrowing the same wifi as the iPad (haven't turned on the 3G service yet) at home and at the office. I have not tried the server port 25 as I heard that one can be a problem. I've used the recommended 465, 3535, and 80.

I do get an error message after it tries to send and then it sits in the outbox. Message can vary based on what I am trying next in the outgoing setup, but right now it is "The connection to the outgoing server 'smtpout.secureserver.net' failed."

ipadparker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had similar problems with godaddy account. I could receive emails but got the same error message as you when I tried to send.

I know you stated that you deleted and reentered the accounts and settings. I had to delete all email accounts. My daughter had set up a Gmail account first then I set up my godaddy account. I had to delete all accounts an start over. It worked fine after I put the main godaddy account email first and then her Gmail account second. I let the IPad set the port (995) as I had tried changing thinking that was the problem.

In researching this on Godaddy I came across some reference to something like going to your godaddy email account and establishing other port relays..... I would try again to delete all email accounts and start with your main godaddy account leaving the port at whatever the Ipad sets (995 in my case) and see if that will work. If not I would call GoDaddy a get someone on the phone that can walk you through.

Hope that helps.
Parker

OP
B

ByHisStripes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had similar problems with godaddy account. I could receive emails but got the same error message as you when I tried to send.

I know you stated that you deleted and reentered the accounts and settings. I had to delete all email accounts. My daughter had set up a Gmail account first then I set up my godaddy account. I had to delete all accounts an start over. It worked fine after I put the main godaddy account email first and then her Gmail account second. I let the IPad set the port (995) as I had tried changing thinking that was the problem.

In researching this on Godaddy I came across some reference to something like going to your godaddy email account and establishing other port relays..... I would try again to delete all email accounts and start with your main godaddy account leaving the port at whatever the Ipad sets (995 in my case) and see if that will work. If not I would call GoDaddy a get someone on the phone that can walk you through.

Hope that helps.
Parker

Parker, thanks. I deleted the 2 godaddy emails and 2 yahoo emails. I re-setup the 1st godaddy email account and tried to send an email. Now I get a different error message: "A copy has been placed in your Outbox. The recipient 'email address' was rejected by the server."

Anyone? What to try now?

ipadparker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here is some more information... I hope it will help. From the godaddy email help forum.

Our Community Help Article “Using an iPad with Your Email†provides step by step instructions for the iPad email client and can be located at
http://community.godaddy.com/help/article/6107
If the instructions for the iPad email client do not work for any reason please review your configuration and port settings as follows:
Incoming IMAP without SSL should use port 143
Incoming IMAP with SSL should use port 993
Incoming POP without SSL should use port 110
Incoming POP with SSL should use port 995
Outgoing settings without SSL should use ports 25, 80, 3535
Outgoing settings With SSL should use port 465
Our web based email interface can be accessed at http://email.godaddy.com
You may also wish to review the help information at http://www.apple.com/support/ipad/assistant/mail/
Our 24/7 Support team is happy to assist with any setup issues you may be experiencing and can be reached at 480-505-8877 or [email protected]

Parker

OP
B

ByHisStripes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I had that one also. Check this link as it may or may not help.

Community Help | What do I do if I have trouble connec...

Also check out the stmp relay setting link on that page. Let us know how you fix it.

Parker

Parker, I logged into the goddaddy.com email settings. I had 0 STMP relays for all of my accounts -- but its never been a problem. So I changed it to 250 relays.

I then deleted the email account on the iPad, reset the iPad, and reinstalled the email account. It says the same thing, "A copy has been placed in your Outbox. The recipient was rejected by the server."

This bites.

Regarding the outgoing server ports, it is automatically set up with SSL on and port = 465.

Thanks for the help!

ipadparker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you recieve emails? I use the POP for outgoing. You proably set that up correctly. Especially if you are receiving mails. Outgoing (SMTP) for me is smtpout.secureserver.net.

Under the advance button - SSL on (I have SSL) Server port is 995. That is for me. Your could be different. Give it a shot. It appears that the Ipad does not have all of the options to set outgoing and incoming as the Iphone has. Have you tried on another wireless network??

I know it is frustrating. From other forums and sites there have been many of us having this problem. Godaddy phone support is excellent. You do have to wait but from my experience they usually solve the problem.

Parker

OP
B

ByHisStripes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It worked!!

I did some more googling on the "recipient rejected" message. Someone said they called godaddy and it was a fix on their end that did it and another said put in the user name and password in the outgoing settings. I had tried that repeatedly in the past and it would always say my own (CORRECT) user name and passwords were incorrect. Well, I typed them in and they were accepted this time.

Went into the email app and the outgoing emails emtied. Wrote another and it also went.

YES!!!

I'm going to add email account #2 and see if that works.

OP
B

ByHisStripes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On a roll! godaddy email #2 worked also!

Thanks Parker!! Your suggested to delete ALL email accounts and start over was the catalyst for getting it resolved.

I can get back to work now, this has taken up too many hours the past several days.

The great iPad just got a little bit better with the email issue settled. :D

Nnko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found that smpt didnt work with my standard wifi router, but when I change this router with Apple airport express, problem was imidiatelly solved. Now is everything OK! Just buy airport express.

N.

gracefire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is also a section where it asks for a username and password for SMTP and it says Optional. This is optional for some email servers, but is REQUIRED for GoDaddy servers in order for messages to be sent.

Most reactions