What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't download adobe flash player to ipad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anil_Trinidad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. While I don't own an iPad just yet, I was at first disappointed to learn that it doesn't support flash. I myself can live without it - as do many users. However, I would've liked my 4yr old daughter to be able to access some of the online interactive games (PBS and Discovery kids) on the Pad too. That won't stop me from getting one though...

Technician99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I may do is when Android Tablets come out sell the iPad. I have at least 4 major sites I vist that needs flash, and I am get tired of having a laptop just for these sites. Be nice I am tired of having Apple tell me what I do not need, you do not need Flash, you do not need Blu-Ray etc......

Diane's iPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for this discussion -- I wondered why I couldn't install Adobe Flash. Since I have always been a pc user myself, Flash has been an important part of life on the Web. It is admirable that Apple does not have the invasion attacks to worry about so if I must do without Flash to enjoy the safety -- so be it.

Technician99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for this discussion -- I wondered why I couldn't install Adobe Flash. Since I have always been a pc user myself, Flash has been an important part of life on the Web. It is admirable that Apple does not have the invasion attacks to worry about so if I must do without Flash to enjoy the safety -- so be it.

And I have a bridge to sell you know wonder why people buy Apple products. The only reason Apple does not let Flash go the the iPad, iPhone/Touch is there are thousands of Flash based games that you can play for free. Apple does not like the "FREE" part. If you do not believe me go to any Invision Board with a normal PC. Apple could care less for your safety. So I say next Spring/Summer when the iPad 2 is released, I suspect there will be at least 4 or 5 Android Tablets with better specs..... Than run Flash fine with no issues then. Bye, bye iPad.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some of you are really not using that lump of gray matter between your ears (the brain for you slow ones).

The Flash for videos and websites argument is very valid, and I agree, it would be nice to have.

But then I keep seeing people say "there are lots of free Flash games, Apple is greedy and wants us to buy apps!"

Ok boy-genius, even if we did have fully functioning Flash and it ran great.... how are you planning on playing those games? Since many (most?) require a keyboard, you wouldn't even be able to play them unless you have the Apple keyboard (or another) hooked up all the time. So what's the point?

Prasius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can someone please list me some heavy flash sites which I might actually find useful?

I've been online since before the internet even existed - BBS's were good places full of intelligent people.. And kids with Sinclair Spectrums.. ;), but flash sites have been mildly amusing at best, and utter bits of junk at worst. I accept there are some interesting sits from a design point of view using flash, but nothing I NEED to have access to other than idle browsing.

So.. What are these sites which exist that my life is so empty without having?

Technician99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The last two guys..... first you do know you can attach a keyboard to your iPad ??? Just saying because you and people that defend Apple seem to have forgot it. Where do you surf where you do not find Adobe Flash, Do you browse at all ??? I find with my iPad not being able to visit flash sites I do not browse very often with the iPad. I find sites like eRepublik, Invision Arcades, Toastmasters International all require Flash. Even youTube which Apple has an app that lets you access, and is experimenting with HTML5 is still uses Flash.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Of the 30 or so sites that I regularly access, only 1 has Flash implemented in a way that I can't use it. All of the other sites either use no Flash at all, or only use it for ads or features I don't use.

I know you can hook a keyboard up, I even said that in my post. But that defeats the purpose of the iPad, it's supposed to be touch device, not a netbook.

Prasius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A previous post of mine on the subject of flash made comment on pointless flash games and stupid animation sites.....

I find sites like eRepublik, Invision Arcades, Toastmasters International all require Flash. Even youTube which Apple has an app that lets you access, and is experimenting with HTML5 is still uses Flash.

Two pointless flash game sites and... Wow.. I don't know what the hell that is meant to be about... There is a bunch of people who got beaten up at school.

YouTube - full of stupid 'funny' videos, and narcissistic (predominently) Americans thinking I care what they do down the mall. I've yet to find a YouTube video embedded into an article of interest that I can't watch - so the YouTube argument is null and void.

Of course, up until a few weeks ago you could have held up the BBC website as a problem if you were a UK user, but now they have their own app as well.

Yeah. I still fail to see what I'm missing........ Wait... I don't see loads of irritating adverts.. Ah, no, That's a good thing.

Prasius

iPF Noob
Reaction score

..the US has a bigger population, so its simply statistically more probable that they're American. Don't take it personally. :D. I did qualify it with predominantly!

It's only a matter of time before the Chinese start thinking someone cares what they did during their school break or routinely humiliate themselves in order to gain exposure for their non-existent modelling/media "career" on YouTube.

;)

WannaBeMac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Digging this ancient thread up to make a few comments.

I didn't know that Flash didn't work on an iPad until I bought it. For me personally, I know it's because I didn't pay much attention to what was said about the iPad when it first came out last year - either good or bad. Having said that, I don't mind not having it. All of the sites I'm interested in viewing don't require flash to view. As others have said, if there's something I need to view using flash, I'll jump on the computer.

What I am miffed about has nothing to do with Apple. I think it's crap that the app Hulu has created is for subscribers only. You have to have a Hulu account in order to use the app.

Reading this thread has also enlightened me as to what HTML5 is. I, for one, am glad that Apple is standing its ground and pushing innovation forward. Someone in this thread stated that flash isn't even a big money maker for Adobe. If that's the case, they should let it go completely and embrace the next step in the evolution of the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions