What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't decide what to do iPad Air 32GB or iPad Air 2 16GB

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Alice - probably the best choice for the OP just to avoid a 16 GB iPad - BUT, I must say that I'm 'in love' w/ the fingerprint technology on the Air 2 - at least worth an extra $100 to me! ;) Dave
Totally agree with Dave. That fingerprint sign-on facility is marvellous. A pleasant surprise when I found that I was not limited to using the iPad in a some what inconvenient portrait mode using the forefinger, the way it was (helpfully) set up for me at the iPad Store when I bought my Air2.
As I prefer to use the iPad in landscape mode it was nice to see I can easily set up the start-up using thumb and/or any other finger for that matter. And of course great security using a fingerprint knowing no one else can duplicate. Fabulous!
Andrew

Sent from my iPad Air2 using Tapatalk

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'll be honest here, 16 GB of storage for heavy gaming is never enough. I already used up half of my storage when I installed Hearthstone and World of Tanks, and I'm still planning on downloading more games. The 32 GB iPad Air 2 is what you may want, but the iPad Air is still beefy. I'd rather have the iPad Air 2 rather than the iPad Air.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'll be honest here, 16 GB of storage for heavy gaming is never enough. I already used up half of my storage when I installed Hearthstone and World of Tanks, and I'm still planning on downloading more games. The 32 GB iPad Air 2 is what you may want, but the iPad Air is still beefy. I'd rather have the iPad Air 2 rather than the iPad Air.

Unfortunately, the iPad Air 2 is not available in a 32 GB model (chart below from the Apple website) - thus, the rub; but Apple (at least in the USA) has made the upgrade from 16 -> 64, just a $100 purchase (which might have been the same price going to 32 GB, if still offered). Dave :)

Screen Shot 2015-01-04 at 11.18.54 AM.png

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Alice - probably the best choice for the OP is just to avoid a 16 GB iPad - BUT, I must say that I'm 'in love' w/ the fingerprint technology on the Air 2 - at least worth an extra $100 to me! ;) Dave
And the fingerprint technology is not limited to replacing the home screen password entry. It can also be used when making purchases from the app store.

iPad Air 2 really is the best iPad I have owned, and using Geekbench benchmark app the benchmark is way out in front of all other models. Super fast, super display, even a built in microphone. Really nothing to complain about at all. Very glad with my purchase.
57c67cf08d97c7de0b7cd8c42b3a2275.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts