What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you wish you had purchased the 64gb?(32gb owners)

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I guess its just going to vary from person to person. If you don't have a lot of music, and don't really like to watch TV or Movies, I doubt you will need more than 16GB. If you love movies and have tons of music, 64GB wont be enough.

OP
G

G.P

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think I'm more likely to keep the apps on my ipad, and swap out movies as I see fit. I don't forsee having an issue with syncing in and out movies, it only takes a few moments to do so. I guess I'm answering my own question now lol, as to which one suits my needs.

Lgchris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some really good points in this thread, I'd go no less than 32gig (for me, everyone will have different needs, obviously (some people could careless about movies and if your one of those 16 gigs will be fine)) if you can afford 64g why not? The thing is I bet we are going to see some REALLY sweet iPad apps in the future that take up 1 gig or more each, when those come out there might be a 4G 128gig iPad but who knows when that will happen.

lumberjak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I only got the 64GB because it was impossible to get the 32GB and figured for the extra hundred I double to memory and don't havta wait any longer (was waiting for 2 weeks and I suffered awfully ;)

However, since loading Oplayer from the App store and iFile via Cydia I have loaded about 10GB+ of avi videos (Yay! no more converting!). Plus I have my whole music collection (about 10GB), pics (2GB but I could add a lot more), Apps (say 70ish), and comics and magazines (total of 3GB or so).

I have about 20GB+ free and I know there are a few TV series i wanna load up for time-killing.

So yeah, glad I got the 64GB, plus who knows what memory hungry apps are coming in the future. The games, magazines, books, pdf's abilites are only getting better.

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com
I say if you can afford the 64g then buy it. Otherwise, purchase according to your means. Me? The first time I filled a laptop hard drive I vowed to ALWAYS purchase the largest memory device I could afford. It's served me well so far but I do have to say that my brand new laptop is almost half full already (283g).

Last edited:
OP
G

G.P

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your responses, peoples. Having taken into consideration your comments, I actually think I have now decided to go for the 64gb, and here's why:

1) As mentioned, the apps will get bigger and better over time. And I plan on buying lots of them :D.

2) It is likely that I will fill up the pad with a number of 'favorite' movies, which I likely won't feel like syncing in and out every time I take the thing on the road.

3) Most importantly, I am hoping to not upgrade for a few years. Meaning, I want to get in on the ipad scene now, and not wait till next generation. Having said that, I have no desire to buy the 2nd gen version if I buy one now, unless it can brew me coffee and flip some pancakes with a touch of the screen:). Cameras and SD slots and other little trinkets are nice but not sellers for me, so I imagine I'd be content with the current model for a couple of years. Furthermore, and this is no offense meant to the 16gb owners, 16gb will be LOL worthy by the time the 2nd and 3rd generation ipads come out, I expect the top models will launch with 100+gb storage. While 64gb will also be considered low by then, it will definitely have a resale value beyond the smaller storage models, whenever I DO decide to upgrade the pad down the line.

Most reactions