What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 1 64gb 3G, or iPad 2 16gb WiFi?

spydo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm getting an iPad tomorrow, and for the life of me CANNOT decide!! Sams club has the iPad 1 64GB with 3G for only $498, which is an amazing price. But part of me wants to just spend the 500 bucks on an iPad 2 16GB with wifi. Which one would you recommend I get?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It depends on what you plan to use it for. The iPad2 has enhanced graphics processing, additional RAM and a dual core processor - all ideal for games playing. But if you're not into games - and many still have not been optimised to take advantage of the iPad2 - then the additional memory on offer with the iPad1 would be great. Many Members have commented how quickly 16 GB fills up

Tim

noddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same here - 16gb wifi only. I don't plan on storing anything huge on it anyway.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes - but the OP gets 64GB plus 3G for the same price. Is an iPad2 really that much better?

Tim

noddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is a good price, yes. I never had an iPad first gen, so I can't comment on the difference(s).

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
I've learned not to worry too much about storage space these days. You can always sync with your iTunes media library to keep on top of your memory management. I hardly ever store too much stuff on my device these days when there's no need.

Personally, the new iPad is always a seller to me than the old iPad.

As mentioned, how do you plan on using it?

Most reactions

Latest posts