What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cannot verify email address for icloud

DDawm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
icloud tells me to check email when I try to verify but I haven't received any
This is my first post -Hi to everyone-I have found these forums very helpful

Last edited:

jhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same thing for me. I finally added an alternate email and made it the default. The verification email showed up right away on it. My original email was a gmail address.

OP
D

DDawm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi -still cannot verify email- have tried 3 valid email addresses-no luck.I have also tried to register new Appleid but it insists on a US address- state and zip code and a s I am in australia that doesn't work.Any one have any ideas-maybe I just have to wait untill they get their act together

Jllaneza

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same issue. I have a hot mail address. Set up an @me address, but still no email.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes,i had problem which i didnt know stemmed from it using two different email addesses,on initial setup it wouldnt accept my usual one so i used another,then it used my usual one later which caused a problem.

DICKNPHYL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all--I talked w/apple top tech and we found that I had different email user addresses One for iTunes and one for iCloud. when I changed the one in iTunes to the same as I was trying to use in iCloud, iCloud was then useable.
DICKSTER-----

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all--I talked w/apple top tech and we found that I had different email user addresses One for iTunes and one for iCloud. when I changed the one in iTunes to the same as I was trying to use in iCloud, iCloud was then useable.
DICKSTER-----

Sent from my iPad using iPF
yes,that was EXACTLY what happened with me,its some sort of glitch i think when its being set up,it took me 2days and lots of help from forum members to spot it.

OP
D

DDawm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Finally sorted the problem out-Apple could not help so they put me in touch with a senior accounts supervisor at Itunes.The problem resulted from a second account to an old email(I had changed ISP's) and it was still operating from that account and ofcourse I
couldn't verify this account. After a bit of messing around it was sorted and all is well.
Thanks for the advice.

nurseruthie11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was half asleep when I typed in my original email for icloud. I mistyped it, and maybe that's what the issue is, but I don't know how to get it to straighten out. I've tried using a different email address, including yahoo and gmail...neither one are working with icloud...HELP

nurseruthie11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It finally worked...go figure...I think it may be the gmail address that was messed up.

joaps21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I cant use mine and i have the same email on itunes and icloud

Most reactions

Latest posts