What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cannot download apps/music etc onto new IPad

Sween121

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have just brought my new iPad today, went thorough the standard set up procedure etc etc

However, now when I try to download any app (even apps linked to my apple id from my iPhone 4s) it will just appear on the home screen saying 'waiting' and will never progress! It will also occasionally disappear, being replaced with a pop up saying 'this app has already been purchased but not downloaded etc.'

Can anyone help me or had similar issues?

Thanks

Ps its nothing to do with wifi etc as browsing is fine, and apps are downloaded fine on my iPhone 4s

OP
S

Sween121

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just realised that when trying to download apps on the iPad and it saying 'waiting', it actually does download on my iPhone 4s. This suggests to me it isn't a cloud based problem, but something with the iPad itself.

Can someone please help

tmeadahc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have it happen when I am already downloading something from iTunes. It will always finish the iTunes downloads first then the apps. That has been my experience any way.

SquiderDragon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have just brought my new iPad today, went thorough the standard set up procedure etc etc

However, now when I try to download any app (even apps linked to my apple id from my iPhone 4s) it will just appear on the home screen saying 'waiting' and will never progress! It will also occasionally disappear, being replaced with a pop up saying 'this app has already been purchased but not downloaded etc.'

Can anyone help me or had similar issues?

Thanks

Ps its nothing to do with wifi etc as browsing is fine, and apps are downloaded fine on my iPhone 4s

I had something similar but with iTouch (gen 3) not the iPad (either original iPad or new iPad). When I researched on net I found a fix which involves downloading any utility that allows you to look at the files on the device from explorer. There is a related folder that keeps a track of downloads (think like $tmp files). You can delete these and certainly for me that fixed the iTouch issue up and it has not re-occurred since (it was 1 off).

Sorry I can't recall the exact details of the folder etc but search either on web or maybe in iPF and there will probably be the details to do this. Not sure how it happens in first instance - maybe be you have a wifi break and it gets files 'stuck' in waiting status. Also try a reset and that may also clear the queue's. Good Luck.

SquiderDragon

Most reactions

Latest posts