What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can you tether the iPad thru a Blackbberry?

djpritchard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found a post about using a Droid, but anyone know if any other phones can be tethered? What about the Blackberry?

DanaNgidhu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found a post about using a Droid, but anyone know if any other phones can be tethered? What about the Blackberry?

I found the download for the Droid, but I cannot figure out how to go from there. Can someone help me. It is called EasyTether by mobihand.inc. I may give up on the 3G.

Dana

gjperera

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.gilsmethod.com

I found the download for the Droid, but I cannot figure out how to go from there. Can someone help me. It is called EasyTether by mobihand.inc. I may give up on the 3G.

Dana

I have a nexus one that I bought for reviews, etc. which I wouldn't mind throwing my att card into to get wireless should i really need it, is there a way to clone a SIM card and is it legal (against att TOS)?

Does anyone know?

brhon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found a post to tether the crack berry storm, it didn't work for me. The search continues.

Katilea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
what does 'tethering' mean exactly?

Is there a model of phone that was successfully tethered to an ipad?

If someone sends you a SMS text on your phone, can you answer it from the iPad and send it via your phone?

Thanks

Kati

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wrote a blog on modifying the Droid and everything...the links are to the droidforums.net where I was banned for defending the iPad.

Droid-Does.Blogspot.Com

A lot of things have changed since I stopped that blog, so the links probably don't all work anymore.

That being said, it's not hard but if you don't know what you're doing it's too much of a pain to guide someone through it. I made the mistake of doing that with one person who was not very tech inclined and it took me an entire day to do with him what I did in 5 minutes.

ARDOTBEE

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had tried to connect my blackberry bold to the iPad via Bluetooth, and it is only recognized as an audio device.. So I'm guessing it cannot be tethered.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are programs to tether for the bb but the require a cable wch obviously wont work with the iPad...from what I've seen anyhow

ipadfanatic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can tether the ipad to a blackberry via PDAnet (bluetooth) but it requires you jailbreak you iPad.

I was trying to ask Junefabrics (the makers of PDANet) if they would be releasing another version which would allow wifi tethering (a lot of the newer BB have wifi).

I currently use my rooted G1 to tether and it's fast and reliable.

Maybe I should get a BB app developed for such a purpose :)

Also I should add that depending on the model of your Blackberry, cradlepoint makes a device to create a wifi hotspot.

Last edited:

sch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It also depends on your carrier... for example, I can't do this on my Rogers BB. No phones are supported for Rogers with the Cradlepoint devices. Bummer!

Cheers,

Most reactions

Latest posts