What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I listen to tunes from my ipad through the car stereo using bluetooth?

Wonkeyman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a car stereo which has bluetooth (Kenwood KDC BT30) and i'm about to buy an ipad (not an ipad2 but the original with 3g and 64gigs) and I was wondering wether I could use the Bluetooth to link the ipad and have tunes coming through the car speakers without using auxilery wires??

The stereo can pick up phone calls and put them through the car stereo but doesn't mentune about ipads and music.

Eviljunkee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think your stereo needs to have AD2P capabilities in order to play music through it using your iPad...

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's a interesting thought, I don't know enough about Bluetooth to answer you. But I have found that my iPad can play through my iPod adapter in the car. Music as well as games and video plays through the speakers (kinda cool).

Reaction score
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think your stereo needs to have AD2P capabilities in order to play music through it using your iPad...

That is correct. A quick look online at the stereo model number specs should reveal if it has a2dp
http://www.kenwood-electronics.co.uk/products/car/cd_receivers/cd/KDC-BT30/

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved

Last edited:
Reaction score
pilgrim said:
Can I play the ipad through the Belkin FM Tuner that I use for my ipod?

It should work, but just to clarify, which version of the Belkin FM Tuner do you have? The one that goes into the 30-pin slot, or one that goes into the audiojack?

If it is the one connecting to the audiojack, it will definitely work. If it is the one connecting to the 30-pin slot, it should work, but there could be some compatibility issues, so there is no guarantuee that it will work.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

This is what AD2P is:

Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) is a set of standards for devices using Bluetooth, the same radio technology used in cell phone headsets and wireless computer keyboards, among other things. A2DP devices offer a one-way stream of high-quality mono or stereo sound, unlike the more familiar Bluetooth headsets, designed for phone calls, that use a two-way connection.
Unlike older technology for wireless headphones, A2DB is digital; the headset is "paired" with the device sending, so you can have multiple headsets in range of each other without cross-talk.

Which means you need a receiver capable of receiving the digital audio.

Parrot.com offers several excellent system that supports A2DP as well as direct connect. Other systems are available but in most cases standard hands free kits do not offer the standard A2DP

depending on make and model many cars offer iPod connectivity I suggest contacting the Car manufacture web site and see if they offer that option as it is by far the least expensive way to have digital in car sound. The fm transmitters offer it but use FM radio however I am yet to find something that works with out problems. The parrot systems cost around $ 300 plus installed mainly designed for mobile phones and digital music. I own the 9200 and use it every day with the iPhone 3. I also use the Bluetooth option for playing movies and games when in the car from my iPad when not driving lol and it is awesome

http://www.parrot.com/usa/products/bluetooth-hands-free-car-kits

PS I am not associated with Parrot information provided as an option for in car sound.
Hope that helps

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts