What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connecting ipad to my car stereo through bluetooth!

AJ1975

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all , I was just wondering how to play my music on my ipad through my car stereo ? I have paired them both via Bluetooth but still no joy ! Any ideas !

oberkc

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi all , I was just wondering how to play my music on my ipad through my car stereo ? I have paired them both via Bluetooth but still no joy ! Any ideas !

My recollection is that the iPad does not have the proper bluetooth "profiles" for audio streaming. Hopefully, others will correct me if I am remembering incorrectly. A wire from your headphone jack into a stereo input connection on the stereo head unit may be as good as you can do.

edit: of course, as soon as I write this, my curiosity got the best of me and I looked it up and, indeed, the iPad supports it: Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP). Given this, I don't have a good answer.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts