What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calendar to Word File

Canuckgal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way to export my Calendar entries to a text/word file or even a table?

I expect I will remain loyal to iPads, though who knows years from now. I don't want to lose this info.

Thanks.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I don't know about text files or a table, but the CalPrint app (CalPrint by EuroSmartz Ltd
https://appsto.re/us/-pD3x.i) will allow you to print your calendar. It also can create a PDF of your calendar.

I don't use it (I got it for my brother, who wanted to print his iDevice calendar) but from what I know, you can select a date range to print or create a PDF from.

It's $1.99 (USD) with no free version. Maybe it can be something for you? Or, maybe just a start in your search...?

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There is no way to export a calendar using Apple's Calendar app, or the icloud.com site. I was kind of surpised by the icloud site since it is possible to export Contacts there.

It is possible to export calendars using the Mac version of the Calendar app. This is a standard .ics file, which most modern calendar apps should be able to import.

I have the Workflow app, which should in principle be able to create text or csv (importabel by spreadsheet) files. Workflow is a scripting app though, which means you have to create the script. In this case it would be a pretty complex script, since it would have to iterate through calendar events and save the details one by one. It would be an intersting challenge anyway.

However, since Calendar is based on calendar standards, there is no particular reason why you couldn't use a third party (non-Apple) calendar app to access you iCloud account. That account is your's, and won't go away just because you stop using Apple products.

Alternately, you could use Google or another third party service for calendars. The Calendar app will work fine with Google, MSN Hotmail, Yahoo, and several other accounts.

Most reactions

Latest posts