What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

buying apps. so true....

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It is funny, and I'm not entirely innocent. I could buy four 99 cent apps for what I spend on my morning drink, and I'll still occationally find myself agonizing over the purchase. Though more often than not it is more about whether the app will be what I want. I know I want that Blended Chai grande with whipcream, however little I actually need it. :D

mobi1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think the point was that people will gladly spend a couple of dollars/pounds on a vente skinny cappuccino but baulk at 99 cents for an iPad app

There is a psychological barrier for paying digital apps. People won't mind paying for physical goods. Also no one just buys one single app for $1. People have to buy many of them (and many of them turn out to be crap) which does add up the cost. This puts people off from buying more apps even if they are just $1 apps.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also no one just buys one single app for $1.

I do.

People have to buy many of them (and many of them turn out to be crap) which does add up the cost.

If you read the reviews most will tell you it is crap. Then. Don't buy it. I hate when folks don't do that then come here and complain.;), when clearly, all the reviews stated it was crap.

Just sayin'....

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think the point was that people will gladly spend a couple of dollars/pounds on a vente skinny cappuccino but baulk at 99 cents for an iPad app

There is a psychological barrier for paying digital apps. People won't mind paying for physical goods. Also no one just buys one single app for $1. People have to buy many of them (and many of them turn out to be crap) which does add up the cost. This puts people off from buying more apps even if they are just $1 apps.
this is very true,totally agree.(the psychological bit that is)

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score

But remember, it's easy to get a refund for an app that fails to live up to its promise - just call the toll-free Apple Support line with your transaction reference number and you'll be given a refund as a credit to your iTunes account.

Tim

oberkc

iPF Novice
Reaction score
But remember, it's easy to get a refund for an app that fails to live up to its promise - just call the toll-free Apple Support line with your transaction reference number and you'll be given a refund as a credit to your iTunes account

I made the rookie mistake of buying an iPod app for my iPad. I called the support line asking for a refund. While they gave it, it came with a reminder that such purchases are final (they would make an exception this time, apparently).

While they may give refunds, I understand that this is not necessarily guaranteed. I would not purchase apps based upon the understanding that refunds are guaranteed in the event I am unhappy.

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hahaha, well, while apps ARE cheap, I'm going to use all free apps until Christmas, when I ask for an iTunes gift card. Spending $568 on this iPad and Smart Cover was a huge purchase, and I now have to have a very strict budget for awhile! (Worth it though... so worth it.)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But remember, it's easy to get a refund for an app that fails to live up to its promise - just call the toll-free Apple Support line with your transaction reference number and you'll be given a refund as a credit to your iTunes account

I made the rookie mistake of buying an iPod app for my iPad. I called the support line asking for a refund. While they gave it, it came with a reminder that such purchases are final (they would make an exception this time, apparently).

While they may give refunds, I understand that this is not necessarily guaranteed. I would not purchase apps based upon the understanding that refunds are guaranteed in the event I am unhappy.

My only comment would be that we've never ever had a report of a Member being refused an app refund - some have had upward of five app refunds - so I think you must have had a partially unlucky experience.

Tim

oberkc

iPF Novice
Reaction score
so I think you must have had a partially unlucky experience

Hopefully, you are correct.

Fortunately, I have never been tempted to return another app. My perception is that the apps are generally more polished with apple than with android (or MS mobile). Maybe that is one of the benefits of the infamous vetting process of Apple. So far, all apps that I have downloaded have met my expectations and I have kept them (with the one iPod exception).

Most reactions

Latest posts