What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Business Deployment

Swink2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Need some input and feedback..

We are a company that is getting appropriately 10 iPads for our salesmen to use for business and personal use. We plan to purchase/pay for "business approved" apps, but it will be the salesmen's responsibly to pay for games or apps for personal use etc.

It's been suggested to me that I can "gift" business apps to the salesmen instead of each salesman downloading their own apps and turning in expense reports. Does Apple allow a business to setup a corporate/business itunes account to manage this "gift" deployment?

What is the best way to go about setting up the iPads (each will need to be setup with the salesmen's personal itunes account)?

I personally, would prefer that I get them loaded with everything the salesmen would need (app wise) and hand it off to them. But I'm not sure if that will be possible if they need to be linked to each of the itunes accounts.

How do other companies deploy and manage their iPads?

Most reactions