What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Browsers or apps to watch Fox, CBS, and NBC Shows?

dzirkelb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone discovered a browser that lets you watch, for example, Fringe on Fox? I've tried Perfect Browser, and Skyfire. Skyfire lets you view some flash movies, but doesn't work.

OP
D

dzirkelb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seems to work so far, although extremely choppy. That may be my work network however, I'll test more from home.

Jman09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iSwifter worked great for me the other day on the FOX website. Hulu on the other hand is too slow.

DJennings

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried & purchased iSwifter but for me, the app loses sound after 5 min! Anyone else experience this? Other than that, I think it has the potential to be great:(

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
Yptcn said:
ISwifter woks great...but is it secure ?

I would be careful because iSwifter is actually a remote session on a server. So you are basically browsing the net from another computer (Mac and Firefox). I've found out that this session seems to be shared between the users as you can see already visited sites by the links color in google search engine. So I would not put any passwords in there or any critical info like credit card number.

Just for fun, type in the URL bar : "about:" (without the quotes)

VicoPad addict!

ByHisStripes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried & purchased iSwifter but for me, the app loses sound after 5 min! Anyone else experience this? Other than that, I think it has the potential to be great:(

Yes, I have been having this problem. Volume goes out. Just opened and tried a video ... volume would not even start.

I previously emailed the developer but got no response.

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
DrHouse said:
I would be careful because iSwifter is actually a remote session on a server. So you are basically browsing the net from another computer (Mac and Firefox). I've found out that this session seems to be shared between the users as you can see already visited sites by the links color in google search engine. So I would not put any passwords in there or any critical info like credit card number.

Just for fun, type in the URL bar : "about:" (without the quotes)

VicoPad addict!

I'll be careful, I had figured that much out being able to go to ABC and others alike. Being in Europe usually that's impossible ;-)

DJennings

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I just did an update for iSwifter and it fixed the audio problem; however now there seems to be some sort up snafu that just shuts down the site your viewing after a few minutes! Sheesch.......

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
DJennings said:
Well, I just did an update for iSwifter and it fixed the audio problem; however now there seems to be some sort up snafu that just shuts down the site your viewing after a few minutes! Sheesch.......

Yes, you need to buy the app to avoid that...

VicoPad addict!

thekarens

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use iswifter and it's a pain, but I haven't had any problems. It's worked fine. Mostly used it to watch Nikita.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4g

Most reactions

Latest posts