What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broken Glass on IPad Mini

The Old Salt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Broke the glass on my mini. The mini still worked but I knew it was only a matter of time before the broken glass would damage the screen so I was interested in getting it fixed.

I work retail and the next day I had customers, an older couple, and they told me their son had a business where he replacing broken glass on phones and pads. Called him and had him replace the glass. After I got it back I noticed that after it is on for a short time it starts running itself. Cute but annoying! Called him back and we are going to get together so he can attempt to correct the problem.

Has anyone ever had their glass replaced? What problems did you encounter? What was the fix that succeed?

Brian 244

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The iPad mini can be a bugger to repair. It sounds like the circuitry on the digitizer screen (near the home button) is shorting out against the iPad chassis. This can cause "ghosting" where the iPad will act on its own accord. The solution is to cover the circuitry with the black tape used on the back of the original screen or use kapton tape.

OP
T

The Old Salt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. Seems like a simple enough fix. I've passed that on to the repairman. Let you know how it turns out. Thanks again.

Most reactions

Latest posts