What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bose Soundlink Wireless speaker

DNC1968

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Following many months of looking and testing, I bought one of these a month ago to use with my iPad and iPhone and it's fantastic. Sound quality is really good and it's much louder than it's size would suggest, due to it containing 4 drivers and twin opposing sub units, within its diminutive case. Best of all, it's rechargeable and lasts for at least 8 hours on one charge. The software is upgradeable and the battery can be user replaced when necessary.

There are two models, which are essentially the same apart from their looks. I bought the more expensive leather and chrome metal model, which is £50 more than the cheaper £250 model, which sports painted metal parts and a nylon cover. Both come with a wall charger and an optional audio input lead.

pilgrimav8r

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mine works perfectly as well just a bit disappointed with the battery if you don't use it. It seems to drain/empty after about a week even if it was fully charged when it was last used.

OP
DNC1968

DNC1968

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine works perfectly as well just a bit disappointed with the battery if you don't use it. It seems to drain/empty after about a week even if it was fully charged when it was last used.

I'd have a word with Bose, as that sounds like its a faulty battery. I use mine for maybe an hour every other day and I get at least 8 -10 hrs of play time out of it, over a two week period or more! If I leave it without use, it's still got plenty of charge even after a month or more!

The good news is that the battery is a user serviceable part and if it's out of warranty, you can buy and install a new one yourself! Small solace I know, but still better than the Apple option!

Via Tapatalk.

pilgrimav8r

iPF Novice
Reaction score
DNC1968 said:
I'd have a word with Bose, as that sounds like its a faulty battery. I use mine for maybe an hour every other day and I get at least 8 -10 hrs of play time out of it, over a two week period or more! If I leave it without use, it's still got plenty of charge even after a month or more!

The good news is that the battery is a user serviceable part and if it's out of warranty, you can buy and install a new one yourself! Small solace I know, but still better than the Apple option!

Via Tapatalk.

I might today but I read in the blurb somewhere it has a protection system which does something to the battery if not used on a regular basis either way I'm delighted with it. It's only 6 months old so no worry about warranty. Tell me how do you actually turn yours off when not in use? I just use the cover, maybe that's not the way!

OP
DNC1968

DNC1968

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I might today but I read in the blurb somewhere it has a protection system which does something to the battery if not used on a regular basis either way I'm delighted with it. It's only 6 months old so no worry about warranty. Tell me how do you actually turn yours off when not in use? I just use the cover, maybe that's not the way!

I read that somewhere in the PDF instructions. I think it's after a week or so of not being used, so maybe that's your problem and not actually a dead battery! If I remember rightly, you just have to put it on the charger for a couple of minutes to reactivate.

To turn mine off, I use the button on the top. As I use it around the house a lot, it only gets closed for transporting around!

Via Tapatalk.

pilgrimav8r

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I suppose I just don't use it enough, job! But I'm going to try and find the instructions and have another read. I think it's great for watching a film on iPad with speaker on. It travels as well took mine on a recent trip to Australia

OP
DNC1968

DNC1968

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think it's great for watching a film on iPad with speaker on. It travels as well took mine on a recent trip to Australia

I agree. It's the next best thing to mobile surround sound! :)

I find the best films to make use of the bass sound are, "Iron Man", "Stealth" and "Behind Enemy Lines".

Via Tapatalk.

pilgrimav8r

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You are right (its in the manual) it has a battery system protection which if not used it protects the battery and you need the charger to re-initiate it damn good quality though. Going to have to try those films but I'm more of a green mile sort of bloke.

OP
DNC1968

DNC1968

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Green mile is one of my favourite films. I was thinking of sound only, with my list. You can add Bladerunner (directors cut) and Independence Day to the sound list as well!

Via Tapatalk.

Mitchos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Recently bought a soundlink wireless speaker and was hoping you might be able to clarify something for me.
I believe the speaker consists of 4 drivers and a subwoofer, however the sound from mine sounds like it is only coming from the right two drivers (as you look at it) and sub. It is a lot quieter, if any sound at all, from the left 2 drivers. Is this right or is it faulty.

Thanks in advance for your help

pilgrimav8r

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry but I just don't know, mine sounds fine. I think you are absolutely correct when it comes to the specs of the speaker but if it don't sound excellent - I'd send it back at £260.

OP
DNC1968

DNC1968

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Recently bought a soundlink wireless speaker and was hoping you might be able to clarify something for me.
I believe the speaker consists of 4 drivers and a subwoofer, however the sound from mine sounds like it is only coming from the right two drivers (as you look at it) and sub. It is a lot quieter, if any sound at all, from the left 2 drivers. Is this right or is it faulty.

Thanks in advance for your help

There's actually 6 speakers inside. 4 drivers and 2 sub's. The sub's fire front and rear (opposing to stop vibration) and the drivers fire to the front only.

My one sounds fine, so It sounds like you've got a problem!

Via Tapatalk.

scudder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Highly recommend this one, sound is beefy from such a tiny block of perfection. Battery life is excellent. Very portable. A must have (if you can afford it) or Santa might bring one!

Most reactions