What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

books and mags

pete kay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a lot of magazines and books from various websites on my laptop and would like
to put them onto my ipad3 but ?
I just do not know how cos as far as I can see you can only use Itunes and I did not
get them from there. All attempts so far have just been a waste of time.

Klarktx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a lot of magazines and books from various websites on my laptop and would like
I just do not know how cos as far as I can see you can only use Itunes and I did not

Try Copy Trans. I haven't used for mags, but I have books on PDF. Use for movies and music also. Wonderful go around
iTunes.

BMWrider

iPF Noob
Reaction score
pete kay said:

Use Dropbox. (Dropbox must be installed on both your PC and iPad).
Open Dropbox on the PC and drag and drop your book or other document into the Document folder.
Open Dropbox on your iPad, open Documents and open the book (it will probably give you a "cannot open" message).
Ignore any error message and send (forward) the book to iBooks where it should appear on the shelf.
I have used this with ePub books, but it should work with any format that iBooks recognizes.
Hope this helps.

dchristo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I find the combination of Google Currents, any good RSS capture app, and Twitter with Instapaper loads up oodles of reading materials to peruse at my leisure.

Most reactions