What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bluetooth memory card adaptor...IT's A BIG DEAL!!!!

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I was thinking of buying a Bluetooth memory card adaptor, but all I can find is this...
Multiple Flash Memory Card Reader and Bluetooth Adapter - eBay (item 350325536860 end time Aug-04-10 07:43:24 PDT)

But it is version 2.0 and Ipad uses Bluetooth 2.1, so I take it that it won't work?

Anybody know of a Bluetooth memory card adaptor that uses 2.1?

I posted something about this before but no one seems to care, HELLO this is a very big deal as it will increase your hard drive space as that's a big problem for a lot of ppl who have lots of videos and music.

OP
Ultrimate

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Airstash looks very good indeed, but pricy, the Bluetooth memory card adaptors are only 20 bucks on eBay, Futhermore the air stash requires wifi, the benefit of the bt mem card adaptor is it solely works on bt, so if I'm in the BFE I could just rely on bt alone. And finally air stash limits you to 32 gb, with a bt mem card you can just keep putting in more cards, and mem cards are like super cheap now, 32 sd mem cards run for around 30 bucks on eBay.. But I think I will wait for a 2.1 vs. tho..

But if I had the $$$ I would get the air stash.

As far as other programs that let u access the pc or Mac, will Im away from my pc a lot so wouldn't work all the time.

Last edited:

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
The ipad doesn't support bluetooth file transfers. through normal methods at least. If your hoping to connect to a bluetooth device in hope of getting files off of it, think again.

Unless this device has its own iPad app to communicate with the bluetooth device.

Also the card reader with built in bluetooth that you posted a link to would not be something portable. It must be connected to a PC via USB in order to be powered. This is no different then buying a stand alone bluetooth dongle for the pc at $5. It wont share whats in your flash cards over bluetooth.

Last edited:
OP
Ultrimate

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also the card reader with built in bluetooth that you posted a link to would not be something portable.

i already said in my post that bt adapter wouldn't work, it is not version 2.1, I just use for an example as it was the best I could find and hoped someone knew of something better.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Also the card reader with built in bluetooth that you posted a link to would not be something portable.

i already said in my post that bt adapter wouldn't work, it is not version 2.1, I just use for an example as it was the best I could find and hoped someone knew of something better.

your not getting it.
NO BLUETOOTH FILE TRANSFERS ON ANY BLUETOOTH VERSION!!!!!
the ipad does not support bluetooth file transfer without special app or jailbreak software.

OP
Ultrimate

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im getting it buddy, and Im sure there will be some company from China that will sell a BT memory card adapter for the ipad, and yes Im sure "there's an app for that."

DUTCH VanAtlanta

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So I was thinking of buying a Bluetooth memory card adaptor, but all I can find is this...
Multiple Flash Memory Card Reader and Bluetooth Adapter - eBay (item 350325536860 end time Aug-04-10 07:43:24 PDT)

But it is version 2.0 and Ipad uses Bluetooth 2.1, so I take it that it won't work?

This is not Bluetooth, but it handles 18 different memory card formats; and it works very nicely with the Camera Connection Kit's USB adapter to transfer photos.

Delkin Devices UDMA-enabled High Speed USB 2.0 multi-card reader – All-in-One reader/writer

I don't need the versatility of so many card types, so I downsized to their Reader-33; and I'll sell a new and unused (except to test it with the iPad) Reader-38 for $15 including shipping within the US. PM me, if interested.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts