What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bluetooth can't find keyboard

shara4you

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Turning on the Bluetooth my iPad can't find my Mac wireless keyboard. It just keeps searching. I have turned it on and off several times updated the sw to the newest version 3.2.2. Any idea to what I should do?

DrJNAB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you entered the pairing number that comes with the keyboard?

dugiebs2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Turning on the Bluetooth my iPad can't find my Mac wireless keyboard. It just keeps searching. I have turned it on and off several times updated the sw to the newest version 3.2.2. Any idea to what I should do?
my keyboard is turned on. The Bluetooth is on but underneath, the devices area has nothing but just a circle that keeps turning

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
my keyboard is turned on. The Bluetooth is on but underneath, the devices area has nothing but just a circle that keeps turning

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) Now, you're replying to a thread w/ posts from 2010 - in the future, please look at the dates, many changes have occurred in iPad hardware & software - that was the year the original iPad was released - and let us know which model iPad you are using and the version of iOS installed.

Which keyboard (KB) do you own (I have Apple's BT KB) and are the batteries fresh - new ones might make a difference? Have you paired the KB w/ the iPad before? Is the KB possibly paired w/ another device? The latter is not rare, e.g. sometimes my KB seems not to show up on my iPad because it has paired w/ my wife's Mini.

Also, look at the image below - there my KB has paired w/ my iPad Air 2 (the other devices are mainly BT speakers & headphones) - what is the appearance of your BT dialog box in Settings? Dave
File Feb 10, 11 14 42 AM.png

dugiebs2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum! :) Now, you're replying to a thread w/ posts from 2010 - in the future, please look at the dates, many changes have occurred in iPad hardware & software - that was the year the original iPad was released - and let us know which model iPad you are using and the version of iOS installed.

Which keyboard (KB) do you own (I have Apple's BT KB) and are the batteries fresh - new ones might make a difference? Have you paired the KB w/ the iPad before? Is the KB possibly paired w/ another device? The latter is not rare, e.g. sometimes my KB seems not to show up on my iPad because it has paired w/ my wife's Mini.

Also, look at the image below - there my KB has paired w/ my iPad Air 2 (the other devices are mainly BT speakers & headphones) - what is the appearance of your BT dialog box in Settings? Dave
View attachment 70279
just shows Bluetooth on,under that Now discoverable as Sharon ipad and under that, just the word DEVICES and a spinning wheel

dugiebs2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
note sure what keyboard I have. No paperwork and I do not see any place for batteries. It is attached to my lap top for power. I had paired it once, about 6 months ago and all was fine. It showed the device when I reconnected so per suggestions I unpaired it and now I am left with nothing to pair

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
note sure what keyboard I have. No paperwork and I do not see any place for batteries. It is attached to my lap top for power. I had paired it once, about 6 months ago and all was fine. It showed the device when I reconnected so per suggestions I unpaired it and now I am left with nothing to pair

Well, this is more confusing, so please provide us w/ more information - maybe one of our members has a similar setup: 1) What laptop do you own, i.e. an Apple or PC; 2) What OS is installed (i.e. Windows version on a PC or Mac OS X on an Apple machine); 3) Does the KB have any labels to help w/ the brand/model; 4) Is the KB being powered by a USB port on the laptop and did it come w/ its own power supply - if the latter, have you tried that route; 5) When the KB is plugged into your laptop (and depending on the OS installed), can you go into 'Settings' and determine if the laptop is seeing the KB; and 6) You are sure that this is a BT KB (I'm assuming so since you state that it paired 6 months ago)? Thanks - Dave :)

Most reactions

Latest posts