What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blank icons after jailbreak

OP
S

Stevelamont

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Iwipecache Seems to be doing the trick. Tried both app store app and cydia app installation and the icons have not appeared.

xIkx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It happened to me without any piracy, just to be clear.

ocampowa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
One of the suggestions a member of the "Dream Team" made about the white icons problem is to go to Cydia and install something. Anything, even a free tweak. Then, restoring the iPad and the white icons should be gone.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

I followed this instruction and it worked.

Thabk you Marilyn

xxxSimoneBxxx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is a fix for the white icons, and ghost icons that appear (such as ad sheet, and setup) - it was posted on another forum a while back and is fool proof when it happens to us on all our idevices.
1) go to cydia
2) go to manage
3) hit simple in the top right corner (this now changes to 'expert')
4) browse for something called 'icon support' - this is only visible under 'expert'
5) reinstall
6) respring springboard

When the device reboots - no more white icons or ghost icons!!

Hope that helps!

S.xoxo

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
4) browse for something called 'icon support' - this is only visible under 'expert'
5) reinstall
6) respring springboard

When the device reboots - no more white icons or ghost icons!!

I'm not sure that reinstalling Iconsupport is a permanent fix. White icons happen because the icon cache gets corrupted and lots of different tweaks make use of the icon cache. Reinstalling Iconsupport will certainly re-set the cache fully and that will resolve the issue, but it will re-occur if the cache become corrupted again AFAIK.

The three methods I pointed out in my post back in January as still the most reliable for temporarily fixing the issue that I am aware of.

Most reactions

Latest posts