What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blackberry Tethering

blucente

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeah, not my first choice but it's what my work issued and uses. Btw, it comes with an unlimited data plan, so you do the math. ;o)

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The better question here is, why in gods name did you buy a BlackBerry :p

Hey. I like my BB thankyouverymuch.

Except it often hourglasses to the point I wanna step on it ~ and the battery swipes are getting hella old.:mad::mad:

Other than that I love it.

Most of the time.:D

antonio107

iPF Noob
Reaction score
callchris321 said:
Hi all
i was inquiring ealrier about tethering my ipad 2 wifi to my blackberry from what i have read (and not all the forms ) am i right in thinking i can only tether my BB to the ipad if its jailbroken?

regards
Chris

Unless the bb has wifi tethering.

OP says he has a torch...torch has the option to create to wi-fi hotspot, or so the guy at Future Shop told me!

OP
D

Drummo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
callchris321 said:
Hi all
i was inquiring ealrier about tethering my ipad 2 wifi to my blackberry from what i have read (and not all the forms ) am i right in thinking i can only tether my BB to the ipad if its jailbroken?

regards
Chris

OP says he has a torch...torch has the option to create to wi-fi hotspot, or so the guy at Future Shop told me!

I'd be interested in hearing how.

antonio107

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I'd be interested in hearing how.

So would I!

However, I still have the Bold 9700, and since my iPad is FINALLY jailbroken...

I installed PDAnet just now. Version 2.3. I get this error message:

Internet not detected on your phone. If you have a non US carrier (which I DO...), you may need to setup APN in phone options->Advanced->TCP.
Err=net.rim.device.internal.io.CriticalOException:Critical tunnel failure

I do have a Canadian carrier. I've no idea what the problem is. I've turned on APN following those settings, but I've no idea what to do from there. :confused:

Any help? Anyone?

blucente

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I really don't know if I can help but this is what I've done to tether my blackberry. First off so you know, I'm not using my BB's blue tooth not wifi to connect. I downloaded PdaNet for the BB and IBluever for the iPad.

linds_15

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have a torch on rogers up in canada, and a jailbroken ipad 2
i am NOT using pdanet, all the settings i needed to setup were in ibluever, and make sure bluetooth is OFF on the ipad and ON on the bb. the torch does not have wifi-hotspot so ignore any sales guy who says it does

antonio107

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have a torch on rogers up in canada, and a jailbroken ipad 2
i am NOT using pdanet, all the settings i needed to setup were in ibluever, and make sure bluetooth is OFF on the ipad and ON on the bb. the torch does not have wifi-hotspot so ignore any sales guy who says it does

If it has no hotspot, then how did you connect without PDAnet...?

tron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Noob question here......

When u connect the iPad to the BB due you use free BIS for data or normal data that charges separately.

tron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
blucente said:
You use the data plan which you've contracted with your data carrier.

Hi
In south Africa we pay a flat rate for blackberry internet service(BIS). This gives us unlimited "on device" emails, browsing and downloads.
When u connect to YouTube for example u get warned that this will incur additional WAP data charges and is not part of BIS.
If u tether your PC using blackberry desktop manager then this also bypasses BIS and uses WAP data which is charged extra.

What I would like to know is if pdanet will use BIS or the additional data wap data?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited:

antonio107

iPF Noob
Reaction score
blucente said:
You use the data plan which you've contracted with your data carrier.

Hi
In south Africa we pay a flat rate for blackberry internet service(BIS). This gives us unlimited "on device" emails, browsing and downloads.
When u connect to YouTube for example u get warned that this will incur additional WAP data charges and is not part of BIS.
If u tether your PC using blackberry desktop manager then this also bypasses BIS and uses WAP data which is charged extra.

What I would like to know is if pdanet will use BIS or the additional data wap data?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Entirely dependent on your carrier. Rogers Canada does not charge me. I suspect that based on how you describe your plan, they would charge. I think it's worth looking into, though!

chiappy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, i installed iBluever for bluetooth tethering with an android device. The problem is that when i turn on iBluever, it freeze in "retrieving bluetooth daemon state" and it does nothing. Somebody have a solution for this? Thanks!

OP
D

Drummo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, i installed iBluever for bluetooth tethering with an android device. The problem is that when i turn on iBluever, it freeze in "retrieving bluetooth daemon state" and it does nothing. Somebody have a solution for this? Thanks!

I couldn't get it working. I gave up and bought a micro sim card

Most reactions

Latest posts