What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Difficulty Tethering with BB Bold on Verizon - Please Help!

mhunt3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now that I can jailbreak my iPad2, I would like to tether to my BB Bold. I installed PdaNet on my BB and iBluever on the iPad. Everything works and I am able to get online, but when I try to navigatee to a page using Safari, I am redirected to a Verizon page telling me about their packages for tethering. Is there any way around this?

OP
M

mhunt3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bump. I would really appreciate the help if anyone has come across this issue.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The problem is that Verizon are able to detect that you're tethering and their standard package does not include a provision for tethering. Once you sign up for their tethering package you'll be good to go. If you look at Verizon's Terms and Conditions, you'll see they state quite clearly that they have a separate tariff for tethering.

Tim

antonio107

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was quite pleasantly surprised to find out that Roger's Wireless Canada does tethering free as part of their package. I would look around at different cell phone providers to see if perhaps a different carrier has tethering included. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts