What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black Line on my IPad Pro 12.9 inch 2nd Generation

avinbubbuIndia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I bought my Ipad pro 12.9 inch in feb 2018 and used it for nearly 3 years. However, it switched off abruptly and so went for replacement of new one by paying in the month of May 2021. However, after about 15 days, i started facing issues with it such as screen flickering and a black line on the screen. The screen flickering and issue of the black line is not consistent and it goes and comes. I went to the Service center and they tried factory reset option and it worked fine. However, again after two days i am facing with the same problem. Can anyone help me with the problem i am facing.? i am sharing images and video links of the issue i am facing please look at it and help me out. There is no physical damage of the screen or the body and I have not caused any damage to it.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-06-26 at 2.41.40 PM.png
    Screenshot 2021-06-26 at 2.41.40 PM.png
    435.5 KB · Views: 118

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I bought my Ipad pro 12.9 inch in feb 2018 and used it for nearly 3 years. However, it switched off abruptly and so went for replacement of new one by paying in the month of May 2021. However, after about 15 days, i started facing issues with it such as screen flickering and a black line on the screen. The screen flickering and issue of the black line is not consistent and it goes and comes. I went to the Service center and they tried factory reset option and it worked fine. However, again after two days i am facing with the same problem. Can anyone help me with the problem i am facing.? i am sharing images and video links of the issue i am facing please look at it and help me out. There is no physical damage of the screen or the body and I have not caused any damage to it.

This iPad Pro will still be under warranty. As you have already told the Service Centre about the problem, you are probably entitled to a replacement or at the very least a repair.

OP
A

avinbubbuIndia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This iPad Pro will still be under warranty. As you have already told the Service Centre about the problem, you are probably entitled to a replacement or at the very least a repair.
Hey @Jupiter7, thanks alot for your reply. I have raised the problem with the Service center people and claimed for replacement.
1. They found no physical damage to the product and noted the same in the record while admitting the product for replacement.
2. As a procedure, they ran all diagnostic tests and the device passed all the test.
3. They flickering and black line screen issue photos are shared with the Service Center Local Approver and the local approver without even looking at the device physically (just my looking at the pictures sent by the service center team) rejected my claim for replacement stating that it is a pressure damage issue.
I approached Apple Support and it's been a week and nothing is moving forward.

So, i wanted to know how can it be an issue of Pressure Damage, if no external damage or anything of such damage is caused by me.
I searched for people faced with the same kind of problem and found few on this forum as well as on other forums.
The Local Approver did not even test to ascertain if it was a Pressure Damage issue.

Suggestions or advice are always welcome.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hey @Jupiter7, thanks alot for your reply. I have raised the problem with the Service center people and claimed for replacement.
1. They found no physical damage to the product and noted the same in the record while admitting the product for replacement.
2. As a procedure, they ran all diagnostic tests and the device passed all the test.
3. They flickering and black line screen issue photos are shared with the Service Center Local Approver and the local approver without even looking at the device physically (just my looking at the pictures sent by the service center team) rejected my claim for replacement stating that it is a pressure damage issue.
I approached Apple Support and it's been a week and nothing is moving forward.

So, i wanted to know how can it be an issue of Pressure Damage, if no external damage or anything of such damage is caused by me.
I searched for people faced with the same kind of problem and found few on this forum as well as on other forums.
The Local Approver did not even test to ascertain if it was a Pressure Damage issue.

Suggestions or advice are always welcome.
I would phone Apple Support again and try and get the name of someone in authority to whom you should address an email or speak to in person.

Most reactions