What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 4 flickering issues and black lines

beena2013

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone had issues with their screen flickering and black lines? Today when I put the iPad down flat with the keyboard onscreen and it flickered rapidly until I touched the screen to make the keyboard disappear. This happened in the Ebay app. Last night when I was in Safari scrolling there were horizontal and vertical black lines that created a box area that would move with my scrolling down the page.

This started happening 3 weeks after purchasing this expensive device. Did a restore today. Will see what happens. Is this a software or hardware issue? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

This doesn't sound good for a new iPad and I would think it would be a hardware issue. I would get in touch with Apple, make an appointment with the Genius Bar and let hem know what's happening.

Do a full back up of your iPad before you go as they just may offer you another.

OP
B

beena2013

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

This doesn't sound good for a new iPad and I would think it would be a hardware issue. I would get in touch with Apple, make an appointment with the Genius Bar and let hem know what's happening.

Do a full back up of your iPad before you go as they just may offer you another.

I did a back up and restore yesterday and used it for 2 hours last night no problems but I have an appointment with Apple next week. The problem with that is this issue probably will not happen when I'm there.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did a back up and restore yesterday and used it for 2 hours last night no problems but I have an appointment with Apple next week. The problem with that is this issue probably will not happen when I'm there.

If you have a video camera or a phone with a camera I would suggest taking a video if it happens again so that you can show the guys at the Apple store.

The Archangel

OP
B

beena2013

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have a video camera or a phone with a camera I would suggest taking a video if it happens again so that you can show the guys at the Apple store.

The Archangel

That's an excellent idea didn't even think of that. Thank you wii so.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Hi Gabriel - your comment above piqued my interest - I wonder if doing a 'screen capture' on the iPad would save the distorted on screen image to the Camera Roll? Dave :)

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Gabriel - your comment above piqued my interest - I wonder if doing a 'screen capture' on the iPad would save the distorted on screen image to the Camera Roll? Dave :)

It's possible but I think if it's a hardware fault the image captured is likely to be what the iPad "thinks" is on the screen.......but hey, it's got to be worth a try.

The Archangel

Most reactions