What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Birthdays

lisae0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can someone tell me how I put birthdays in calendar , the tick is on, but I don't know how to add new ones, thanks
Lisa

OP
L

lisae0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi thanks for that, I have done that but they are in yellow, how do I get the little birthday bow that you see when you press calendars ?
Cheers Lisa

OP
L

lisae0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi again, also it does not give me their names, on my girlfriends IPad it has the little red bow and the name

ChristianaR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is a two-step process. I understand that you may have already done these, but I'll write the lot so it benefits others that may read this thread.

In your Contacts App, you will need to add birthdays to each person (or just on the people you want). To do this, you click on the person, then Edit the entry. Scroll down and click on Add field. Click on Birthday, then enter the date of the birthday.

In the Calendar App, you need to activate Birthdays. To do this, you click on Calendars (top left) and ensure that Birthdays is ticked.

Once done, you'll have birthdays automatically showing in your calendar with a little red-wrapped present next to their name. I don't know what's in the present... I think it's an iPad 3. (cross fingers. Lol)

Note, All this is all based on the default Apps that come with the ipad2.

OP
L

lisae0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there thank you so much for this, it all works good now, yes wouldn't it be great if it was a iPad 3 , I am new to all this computer technology so I need all the help I can get, really appreciate your help,
Ciao Lisa

Most reactions

Latest posts