What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Biggest annoyance with the iPad?

What are your biggest annoyances with the iPad? (4.2.1)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
EsJay said:
Not being able to play YouTube videos on my Facebook wall. I can post (thru F/B on Safari) links to YouTube videos fine, but they won't play on the iPad. I know that the problem is because YouTube videos are Flash, but they work in the YouTube Player, and more pointedly, they play inline when embedded in other website pages. What I mean is that there are plenty of websites that I can see and play an embedded YouTube video inline (right there within the web-page w/o popping open a separate window.) I believe that's possible because YouTube videos (Flash) are served in H.264 when an iPad or iPhone is detected. Since the ability to play YouTube videos inline is available elsewhere on the web, why doesn't it work on FaceBook on my iPad?!

Because Facebook wont allow it

stelios

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Soryy but i don't know if I explained well what I exactly need... I downloaded movies fm jdownloader in my pc (vista) and now I want to transfer these movies to iPad. Can i do this? If not is there any program fm app store to download familiar with jdownloader?

EsJay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
freebirdforever said:
Because Facebook wont allow it

Why not? They allow it everywhere else including on the iPhone - although on the iPhone the video doesn't play inline - it opens the YouTube player to play the video. YouTube videos on FaceBook using an iPad won't even do that. It almost seems like a bug - it opens a second browser window with the exact same Facebook window in it.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
EsJay said:
Why not? They allow it everywhere else including on the iPhone - although on the iPhone the video doesn't play inline - it opens the YouTube player to play the video. YouTube videos on FaceBook using an iPad won't even do that. It almost seems like a bug - it opens a second browser window with the exact same Facebook window in it.

Simply put....because facebook sucks.

rhymer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad net access.

Can you get Internet access from your Linux box or is this just an iPad connectivity issue? Are you using the iPad's native Safari browser or a third-party app? I'm assuming, too, that email on the iPad doesn't work either - i.e. it's not a problem restricted to web-browsing alone.

I've never attempted to use the Ipad Email function. I have used Gmail (Webmail) for years and have no need of the Ipad's Email function.

I have tried to use the Safari browser but everything I try gets the same response, that there is no net access.

Kargurin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Typing stuff into the browser and getting horrible lag (ipad1). Make sure there are no tabs open or you don't have stuff in the multitasking environment. My phone does a better job.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you get Internet access from your Linux box or is this just an iPad connectivity issue? Are you using the iPad's native Safari browser or a third-party app? I'm assuming, too, that email on the iPad doesn't work either - i.e. it's not a problem restricted to web-browsing alone.

I've never attempted to use the Ipad Email function. I have used Gmail (Webmail) for years and have no need of the Ipad's Email function.

I have tried to use the Safari browser but everything I try gets the same response, that there is no net access.

OK - sorry - because you've posted this in another thread, I've lost your original post. Are you connecting via 3G or WiFi? If you like, I'll move this email to a new thread so all the posts relevant to your problem stay together and don't get confused with the other posters. Let me know in a PM if you want me to do this.

Tim
Scotland

ThePhotog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The keyboard mostly. Right side causes lots of problems. IED damaged my right hand. I sometime drag me right fingers so excuse me.

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Over 250 posts over a double thread. Anyway moderators/admins please don't remove this thread.

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No built in office suite.
Because there isn't, I think open office should have an app by now.
No built handwriting rec.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Over 250 posts over a double thread. Anyway moderators/admins please don't remove this thread.

Why would we move it?

Mia Culpa - my fault, as usual. A member posted an out-of-context question in this thread and, being a novice moderator, I didn't move it but answered it in the thread..and now the replies and replies to replies are hopelessly intertwined in the thread....I hang my head in shame and go off to do a penance - back up my Windows PC...

Tim
Scotland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions