What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big ipod big deal

Varking

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To me, its more of a mini laptop then an oversized iPod.

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think you have to take in count this is the first release, and the hardware the iPad is packing seems very capable. With OS updates in the future I'm sure there are more features in the works.

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think you have to take in count this is the first release, and the hardware the iPad is packing seems very capable. With OS updates in the future I'm sure there are more features in the works.

I would say Beatiful but i have a comment.

Are you talking about when they make the 2nd one?

Amy S.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
? It is an ipod. It is not suppose to be a laptop.

I love it.

Skywaffle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think too many people see it as some overpriced netbook. But the reality is a netbook is a tiny underpowered laptop, running an unoptimized operating system for the hardware.

The iPad is relatively underpowered in the general sense (to those comparing it to Macbooks, PS3's, Desktops, etc), but is running a streamlined operating system designed for gesture based input, and performance (Hence the lack of multitasking). I think it is targeted more towards casual computer users. The iPod touch isn't that much different, but it's a bit too small to use as comfortably as this will be. (or a laptop for that matter)

One thing Apple has always been good at is creating a piece of hardware, that, in comparison to the everyday generic technology may not seem to special, but pairing up well written software to take exploit all the capabilities of it, as well as provide a fantastic user experience.

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
To me, its more of a mini laptop then an oversized iPod.

Beatiful.:)
Show me a computer that cannot multitask please. Until it can do that its an oversized ipod.

Ok. Ta-da
AppleMacintosh.jpg

Last edited:

Amy S.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is an iPod. I don't think that Steve Jobs ever said "it is a computer."

You sync it to your computer.

If you don't want one, I would suggest don't buy one.

Most reactions

Latest posts