What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is the new screen that big of a deal?

Amp1216

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PaulCarleton said:
I think they could have solved the length of time to charge by beefing up the charger for the iPad 3, since the beefed it up from 25 watt ours on the 2 to 42.5 watt hours on the 3. The 10 Watt charger isn't beefy enough.

Lol if they did that I wouldent want to be playing on it when it's charging that thing would get hot

PaulCarleton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm only talking about going to like a 15 W charger.

The other wattages I quoted were for the battery capacity not for the charger.

That's what I get for letting Siri take dictation without review. :(

Last edited:

pianoman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got mine today. I couldn't be more happy it's pretty amazing! This screen is just breathtaking. I see what everybody's talking about in terms of eyestrain relief. I've been sort of tinkering here for over an hour and I do remember that with my iPad 2 I was getting very visually tired about a half an hour after using it for text and reading. But after doing a lot of reading and surfing the web for the last hour or so I feel like I've just been looking at my regular computer screen on my laptop. Actually even better than that I have zero sense of eye fatigue after an hour of looking at the screen. That's truly amazing. Of course this is day one and like all day ones of a new "relationship" we're still on the honeymoon. :)

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I've realized with having the retina display on the iPad is that I don't have to zoom into web pages to read them. On my Android tablet which I was using for a web browser before I have to zoom a lot of the web pages to get readable text due to the display being less than it should be. The new iPad display is just perfect for reading - especially web sites where fonts sometimes are too small for non-retina devices.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Depends on each person's eyes. I've been messing with my new Samsung Galaxy Note (5" super AMOLED screen). I can read this forum in what looks like 1pt type on it. I've not yet tried it head to head with my iPhone 4S retina, but I've not had probs on either, or iPad 1 or 2, or Kindle Fire. Typing is another matter; I suck on all of them.

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
Depends on each person's eyes. I've been messing with my new Samsung Galaxy Note (5" super AMOLED screen). I can read this forum in what looks like 1pt type on it. I've not yet tried it head to head with my iPhone 4S retina, but I've not had probs on either, or iPad 1 or 2, or Kindle Fire. Typing is another matter; I suck on all of them.

It's dependent on eyes in that if you need reading glasses then you will not likely see well enough below 4 point text for a retina display to make a difference. But assuming that I see well enough, which I do - then I will see much smaller text better on the iPad 3 than on other tablets which have half the resolution. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

The Galaxy note S is a high PPI device which could be described as a retina display. Undoubtedly you can see the same size fonts on it as the iPad 3, but it is a 5 inch display. I was comparing tablets, and there is no contest currently with the tablets that are out there.

PaulCarleton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm assuming that when you say if you need reading glasses, that they're not using them when you say that about 4 point text.

With my glasses I see everything crystal-clear. Getting old, didn't need glasses until about three years ago, so sad

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's dependent on eyes in that if you need reading glasses then you will not likely see well enough below 4 point text for a retina display to make a difference. But assuming that I see well enough, which I do - then I will see much smaller text better on the iPad 3 than on other tablets which have half the resolution. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

The Galaxy note S is a high PPI device which could be described as a retina display. Undoubtedly you can see the same size fonts on it as the iPad 3, but it is a 5 inch display. I was comparing tablets, and there is no contest currently with the tablets that are out there.

I wasn't actually referring to your post, but uh, OK.

pinxue

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Once I use iBooks to read a book on new iPad, I cannot bear to read on iPad 2 any longer. Though I have believed iPad 2 is perfect for reading before.

Scott Brodrick said, you enhanced display, you enhanced everything. I agree.

Most reactions