What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best way to use Facebook on ipad?

mikeytaylor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I couldnt believe that ipad didnt have its own facebook app!, and using the internet doesnt allow you to use chat :/, I have friended app which was 69p which is ok but crashes sometimes, and i have facebook chat app but its a pain going from chat to facebook all the time :mad:

Everyone eles is probably doing the same to get around this situation but has anyone come across anything better or easier to use?

OP
mikeytaylor

mikeytaylor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cheers I have the my pad app now very similar to the friended app, hopefully one will update to fix the bugs soon

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Facebook have an app in the works, there is a complicated way to access the app through the official iPhone app, but the iPad app must be nearing release any week now

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Facebook have an app in the works, there is a complicated way to access the app through the official iPhone app, but the iPad app must be nearing release any week now
Very good to hear!

I use MyPad, and there is a chat feature on there. I'm not super excited about the MyPad interface, but it works. I look forward to the official Facebook app, when it comes out.

I also downloaded imo, but haven't set it up yet. I used to use it on my Chromebook though and I'm sure it looks nice on the iPad.

ipadaviator

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kinda hard to justify not having your own app if your company is worth over a billion dollars. I'm just sayin!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Kinda hard to justify not having your own app if your company is worth over a billion dollars. I'm just sayin!

They are working on it. Hackers recently discovered that the iPad version of the FaceBook app is actually embedded in the iPhone version. For a little while it was possible to activate it, then FaceBook started blocking it. I'm guessing the don't think it's ready yet.

@OP MyPad and Friendly are the two most popular Facebook apps at this time. Each offer slightly different features, and both have free versions; so give them try and see which you like.

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't like Friendly because it goes to Safari a lot. Though I like the interface of Friendly more than MyPad.

OP
mikeytaylor

mikeytaylor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yer I guess for now we just have the play the waiting game!, yer friended crashes a lot to and won't load comments sometimes, but there are floors in all of them that's why I can't wait for the official Facebook app :)

Pully

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
They are working on it. Hackers recently discovered that the iPad version of the FaceBook app is actually embedded in the iPhone version. For a little while it was possible to activate it, then FaceBook started blocking it. I'm guessing the don't think it's ready yet.

@OP MyPad and Friendly are the two most popular Facebook apps at this time. Each offer slightly different features, and both have free versions; so give them try and see which you like.

It's still possible to use it if you're device is JB.

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
if your jailbroken then download the iphone app, then go into cydia and download faceforward and you are good to go. Been using it for a few weeks now, works great.

mikeos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
if your jailbroken then download the iphone app, then go into cydia and download faceforward and you are good to go. Been using it for a few weeks now, works great.

Cheers for sharing this.
I'd like this app a lot more if it looked more like Facebook and less like an RSS feed. Wish you could see profile pics next to statuses.

Most reactions