What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Facebook app for iPad?

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
shoveit said:
I've just downloaded friendly for my iPad but when I logged in it came up like an error MIUI or something and it says it can't connect yet i can use chat? Help?

It's an issue that's just cropped up about 10 hours ago and affecting a number of users. An issue has already been raised on Friendly Facebook feedback page describing this problem.

OP
Rambler358

Rambler358

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't care for Friendly, it's basically a front end for the web site. Check out MyPad in the app store, or MyPad+ for the ad-free version. The latest update just added chat.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

shoveit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rambler358 said:
I don't care for Friendly, it's basically a front end for the web site. Check out MyPad in the app store, or MyPad+ for the ad-free version. The latest update just added chat.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Oh yea? I think I might invest in this one then as I would use chat more, thanx!! :)

shoveit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tzimisce said:
It's an issue that's just cropped up about 10 hours ago and affecting a number of users. An issue has already been raised on Friendly Facebook feedback page describing this problem.

Oh ok thanx :) here I am thinking it was just me lol :)

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
shoveit said:

Looks like it's fixed now - at least on mine it works. The interface has changed (again), though.

pudongski

iPF Noob
Reaction score
shoveit said:

Looks like it's fixed now - at least on mine it works. The interface has changed (again), though.

Interface is changed again. However i downloaded already mypad 2. And you know what, mypad boasts some features i think is great, its chat isnfaster i guess than friendly, im using mypad 2 now for facebook, i'll give that one a try. How about you, which do you prefer, friendly or mypad? Whats the difference?

shoveit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
pudongski said:
Interface is changed again. However i downloaded already mypad 2. And you know what, mypad boasts some features i think is great, its chat isnfaster i guess than friendly, im using mypad 2 now for facebook, i'll give that one a try. How about you, which do you prefer, friendly or mypad? Whats the difference?

I ended up downloading my pad2 when friendly didn't work and I find its slot nicer to use especially chat, where as friendly seems to be all over the place

LeonneGrance

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i mainly use the message feature (not chat) on facebook to communicate. Do any of the facebook apps out there auto-update the webpage (at intervals?) so that the new message icons and news feeds automatically upadate without having to spam the "reload screen" button?

ian0508

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Friendly for facebbok is good, been using it since i got my ipad..but when friendly have some problem loading page issue or other issue my backup facebook app is MyPad.

OP
Rambler358

Rambler358

iPF Noob
Reaction score
working on the best FB client for iPad. It will combine the best interface from desktop version, while using benefits of iPad. Moreover, It will be free.

Just wait couple more weeks.
What happened with this, any news? 

OP
Rambler358

Rambler358

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looks like Readdle must have scrapped their FB for iPad app project. That's ok, as I expect the official Facebook for iPad app due out soon, will probably leave the 3rd party apps far behind.

Most reactions