What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best way to make photos private/hidden

sw339

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am looking for a way to keep photos hidden in the camera roll and wondering if its at all possible? Nothing too scandalous, I get some adult-oriented memes (pics with funny text on them) sent to me on facebook and dont want my 9 year old nephew asking me what it means as he practices his reading, lol.

Or perhaps theres an app that removes them from the roll but keeps them within it but locked up. I usually only need them to repost on FB or twitter anyways. I did of course look in the app store which is riddled with apps that claim to do this but I am not sure if they even work. I imagine they need to be removed from the camera roll firstly. I am jb on ipad 3rd gen. Someone said use iFile to move them elsewhere which I have done for now but I cant scroll them as a gallery this way.

P.S. anyone know how to convert a slew of IE favorites for use with safari?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well concerning an iPad app, I use Private Photo Pro (information HERE), an inexpensive purchase - password (PW) protection is an option; images can be imported from the camera roll and then deleted there; SO, whatever pics you want 'hidden' on the iPad can be seen only w/ the use of a PW (if applied). Plenty of backup options are also available (however, once put on a computer, the images are not password protected). :)

InHisName

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For the other thing, bookmarks, I use Xmarks. But they changed their name a couple years ago, can't remember the new one.

It's a service that monitors your bookmarks and keeps a copy in Internet (their site). I believe it works with IE, FireFox, Opera, Chrome. It might even work with safari by now. Check it out.

The ALL your computers, Lappys, tablets, phones always haves same bookmark tree. Way useful service. There is free level, plus, more features for a few registration $$$$.

Sent from my iPad using iPF, still lots room left in 64GB

Most reactions

Latest posts