What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Video Converter

kostnkost

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a bunch of .avi's on my computer I want to convert over to my new Ipad, and was wondering what you guys suggest would be one of the better converters out there? It can be a free one or a pay one as long as the quality is top notch.

ipadder474

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use the program Micro Video Converter it's free. You drag your video file to be converted on to the program, pick IPad from file list on program. after it's converted the video ends up in the video section on your iPad converted.

chevyguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No conversion needed, there are a bunch of video playing apps that will play your .avi's and a bunch of other formats as well. The one I like the best that I have tried is AVPlayerHD, has great TV out as well.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

tomtom1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmm...there are a lot of converters out there.You can use any one.You will get many free ones.As for example,I am using Leawo MP4 Conveter.
Best of luck and have a nice experience buddy.:thumbs:

TCstr8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No converting. I'm using GoodPlayer. Problem was that iTunes thought some of my videos couldn't be played, so wouldn't sync them. In iTunes, click on device, click on APPS (top menu bar across), scroll down to File Sharing, click on GoodPlayer, then to the right click to add videos. Haven't run across a video that GoodPlayer wouldn't play yet.

OP
kostnkost

kostnkost

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No conversion needed, there are a bunch of video playing apps that will play your .avi's and a bunch of other formats as well. The one I like the best that I have tried is AVPlayerHD, has great TV out as well.

I am curious then how do you get your .avi files transferred to your IPad? I figured you had to convert to mp4for ITunes to recognize it?

dave_bass5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kostnkost said:
I am curious then how do you get your .avi files transferred to your IPad? I figured you had to convert to mp4for ITunes to recognize it?

If you have a player like AVPlayer installed, you hook up your iPad to iTunes, then go in to the app section of your iPad in iTunes and at the bottom of the page you will see a list of apps that allow file transfer. Click on AVPlayer and you you can then add the files to it using. This will then add the files to the iPad without iTunes telling you they can't be played.

Most reactions

Latest posts