What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best strategy game to get?

iPadGamer2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I'm in the market for a new strategy game. I'm a PC gamer who has run out of time and now just got an iPad and playing games on that instead. No time to game on PC any more! I've played battle for Wesnoth which is good but looking for something new and more strategic. Civilization looks interesting but reviews are mixed and it is very expensive - $13! A new game just released also looks good - History Egypt HD which is only $4.99 but not got any reviews yet. I cant find a good review site for strategy games on the iPad so if anyone knows one it would be much appreciated - I really would like to know where to get my strategy gaming fix! If anyone has tried Egypt HD and has any thoughts they would be good to hear too.

Here are screenshots the two I'm considering. Civilization Revolutions first and then History Egypt HD.

Attachments

• iPad_Games_072_540x405.png
    iPad_Games_072_540x405.png
    355.8 KB · Views: 9,061
  • game_1300974209.jpg
    game_1300974209.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 14,230

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As a civ lover from the days of Dos, I must confess to being disappointed with civ rev. Sadly too short and too cut down.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I hadn't seen History Egypt before, but it's a new game from Slitherine who themselves have a history of producing war-games. This one is apparently easier than most of them, based on city building with HoMM type of conflict restricted to six units per side.

I'll definitely be trying it, but suggest your check out their forums first Slitherine :: View Forum - Egypt - Engineering an Empire

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
OK take a look at Viking Lords which is apparently an adaptation of Borg's Command and Colors system.
Believe there's a lite version to try first and a discussion forum on the developers website.

OP
I

iPadGamer2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks - I played Civ to death on PC and just don't see the cut down version appealing. I've also had my fill of C&C. I'm not really in to RTS games any more. I'll check out Viking Lordz and see if there are any reviews of Egypt. Does anyone know a good review site for strategy games on iPad?

thekarens

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Settlers might be a good option for you. I got it for .99 cents. I'm sure if it's gone on sale once it will again.

OP
I

iPadGamer2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've played settlers on PC but lost interest after a while. Really looking for an empire builder of some sort.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I always recommend Touch Arcade site for game reviews.
The iPad forum is always fairly lively

OP
I

iPadGamer2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HISTORY Egypt HD 80% off!

Well since they are offering 80% off of Egypt HD for 48 hours thats going to be the one I pick up!

For that price I just can't say no! :)

ilion

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i would recommend Mobster´s Risk ...great strategy game

Most reactions

Latest posts