What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Remote Desktop App

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Beryl said:
Doesn't appear to be free anymore. The 1-connection version os 99cents. Not bad.

That's odd, I just downloaded to two devices this morning and it was free then.

noradris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
don't buy splashtop desktop remote

FYI- Splashtop desktop remote is in fact too good to be true - The app does not connect your ipad to your mac once you leave your local network which is the only reason to buy a remote login app in the first place

Last edited:
Reaction score
Try Team Viwer for remote access on the go with your Mac

Support Our Troops!!!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from my Galaxy 10.1 via Swype, SlideIt or Ultra Keyboard

Beryl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
FYI- Splashtop desktop remote is in fact too good to be true - The app does not connect your ipad to your mac once you leave your local network which is the only reason to buy a remote login app in the first place

To further qualify your "don't buy" recommendation:

If you have a mac, you can only use your local network "for now". However, windows computers can be found across networks (via a google email accounts).

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
noradris said:

To their credit Splashtop does state that remote access via the Internet is Windows only for now. I suppose that they could have made that aspect more visible...

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
According to their change log, Splashtop has evidently improved the video throughput for the iPad 2 in this last update. I have noticed a dramatic difference when scrolling a page up or down in a browser or when moving around windows, it is much more accurate.

Last edited:

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Because you don't know how to do something you blame the app? Uh, ok.

Sorry, but I use Splashtop away from my home network no problems whatsoever for both Mac and PC. And no I do not use the hand-holding feature added to Windows. I'd rather control access myself.

Port forwarding is not THAT hard. Dang.

Michael

Kit_L

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A question from my partner; in the 10 or so pages I have read so far, no one has mentioned Dreamweaver and remote access via iPad.

She would like to be able to access the home MacBook Pro via her iPad; hence our interest in this thread.

If accessing Dreamweaver remotely (to modify/edit a client's website; this is the most common away-from-home remote access need) is the task, please let us know if one of the apps being spoken about here better to use with DW (and why, if possible).

TIA, kl

Last edited:

iforsakenu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kit_L said:
A question from my partner; in the 10 or so pages I have read so far, no one has mentioned Dreamweaver and remote access via iPad.

She would like to be able to access the home MacBook Pro via her iPad; hence our interest in this thread.

If accessing Dreamweaver remotely (to modify/edit a client's website; this is the most common away-from-home remote access need) is the task, please let us know if one of the apps being spoken about here better to use with DW (and why, if possible).

TIA, kl

DW is a CS5 tool, it is not a remote client. However if you need quick, snappy no lag remote control, Splashtop takes the cake. This should be important in the editing world(no lag). Also if your partner needs to survive a reboot for whatever reason, go with Logmein(ignition).

speedlever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
FYI, PocketCloud pro is on sale for $8.99 (normally $14.99). This is the cheapest the app has been, historically speaking.

So even though I haven't finished my testing of it, I had to spring for the pro version today.

I really wish LMI Ignition would go on a similar sale.

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
speedlever said:
FYI, PocketCloud pro is on sale for $8.99 (normally $14.99). This is the cheapest the app has been, historically speaking.

So even though I haven't finished my testing of it, I had to spring for the pro version today.

I really wish LMI Ignition would go on a similar sale.

I'm waiting for this also, it's been out for about 2 years and only dropped its price 3 times but one can hope!

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

Last edited:

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've been using Gotomypc which expensive but just tried splashtop and it's awesome! That will save me a bunchle each year if I no longer use my laptop to access my pc which I haven't been.

Most reactions

Latest posts